Has anybody gained 'weight' from 30 day shred

Options
I have read a lot about people gaining weight from this dvd even though they are eating correctly etc. l know that it's the inches we should concentrate on and not what the scale says, but l am worried now because l WANT to lose weight, not gain it! lt said 20lb loss in 30 days but is that honestly true? Do you still get slimmer, firmer and more lean during this workout?

l have also researched and a lot of websites are saying that the 'muscle weighs more than fat' fact is a myth.

Replies

• skinnyjeans13
    Options
    I've heard most people gain a few pounds in the first week/level that they lose later on... it's mostly because you will be building muscle and your body will retain water to help with that. I started yesterday and took my measurements yesterday and will focus on that instead of the scale for the next month... Dropping inches or dropping pounds doesn't matter to me, as long as I'm dropping something!!
  • Ashtrizzle
    Options
    I have just started a few days ago, so I cannot really give you my feedback yet. But I have read a lot of reviews from people that got great results. If you lose inches but gain weight, it is undoubtedly from gaining muscle which is good!
  • shellymallon
    Options
    I just did day 11, and last week I lost 4.5 pounds
  • melissa0001
    melissa0001 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I did 2 rounds of the shred and lost 14 lbs first time and 13 the second round. I did however do 30-60 min additional cardio a day.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/218252-30-day-shred-round-2-complete

I think if you have lbs to lose and watch what u eat u will lose with this workout. I have heard the key to losing with this dvd is a little extra cardio mixed with it.
  • Fabnover40Kat
    Fabnover40Kat Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Ive been doing it since January and I have not gained weight. I havent lost a tremendous amount of weight but I have lost over 10 inches all around. I can see toning and muscles!!
  • hchristine
    Options
    I have been doing it since January.....Not consistently....So I am not sure of the 20 pounds in 30 days...I have lost around 30 pounds since January. That's with the 30 day shred and watching my calories/carbs. You may gain a pound or 2 in the beginning because you are building muscle and retaining water, but you would probably only notice that if you weigh yourself everyday. I usually weigh myself everyday, but my REAL weigh in day is Saturday. I usually try not to exercise on Friday so I am not retaining as much water. Not sure if that helps but I do it anyway..:) You just have to think about the long term...the more muscle you have the more calories you burn when you are not even working out.
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 11 and I haven't gained any weight, I can tell that I feel more toned so my measurements I'm sure will be helpful in measuring my success. I don't think I'll be anywhere near a 20 lbs loss in 30 days though. I do it every day with a break once a week, and I've been losing. 1.5 -2.0 lbs a week so far..

Good Luck!
  • ruhimaach
    ruhimaach Posts: 171
    Options
    Sometime in Week 2, I gained some weight temporarily. From what I understand, the muscles store some extra water to recover after a vigorous workout that the body is not used to. It's completely normal & the water will be released once the muscles recover. (someone else mentioned that it's because you're building muscle- this is totally wrong. You can't build muscles so fast, and esp. when all you're using is 3/5 lb weights). I lost that extra pound or so within a couple of days. I have done 23 days of 30DS (with breaks) and no other extra exercise,except for my leisurely walks at work. I have lost a total of 8 pounds so far. I think the DVD has helped me tone tremendously. The weight loss is probably due to a combo of the exercise and the food intake.

Good luck and keep moving! Don't get discouraged. The workout is totally worth it.