Half a year away from 40 and a year away from my wedding

Options
Hi there, my name is Sherry.
I am a busy fulltime working Mum to 3 beautiful children. I have been over weight since the age of 12. I have tried numerous quick fixes and as you know none of them work. I have a wonderful partner of 19 years and we are getting married next year 20 years to the day he asked me to be his girlfriend.
So I am wanting to look nice in a wedding dress and be fitter so I can dance the night away.
I am also a huge influence on the eating habits of my 3 children, and eating everyday like a 5 year old at a birthday party is not a good habit >.<
So my goal at the moment is a daily one, just to get through each day and not eat the sweet sugary foods I usually do. So I am not much of a blogger and not sure how often I will post but as for today I am :smiley:

Replies

• hoff2002
    hoff2002 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi Sherry! Sounds like a fabulous incentive. Please feel free to add me. I'm new and looking for friends so we can motivate one another!
  • TFG_em
    TFG_em Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hi Sherry! I'm Emily. I just got engaged too, and I am also about 1 year away from my wedding. Feel free to add me and we can motivate each other to fit into the perfect dress. :)
  • namstanton
    Options
    Same here too! Im trying to alter my lifestyle to something that is just better for me. Ive been bigger all my life. And this is my first time at it too !
    Congratulations. <3
    Weddings are a good aiming point, for me! xxxx
    Good luck!
  • namstanton
    Options
    Add me if you like! x
  • blueblueheart
    Options
    Hi Sherry - Congratulations and best wishes re: your upcoming wedding.

The daily goal sounds great. This gives you 365 days of healthier choices before you and the groom show the dance floor who's boss!