Exercise at night

Options
Hi all..
I wanna ask, is it good for health/body if I workout or do cardio exercise i.e. jogging/running/golf (driving range) at night.
On weekdays I've to leave home at 630am to catch up train and it takes 1 hour to reach my office. Ussually I'll leave office at 545pm and reach home at 7pm.
So, after night prayer (i'm a muslim) around 8pm i will start workout or cardio for 1 to 1 and a half hour.
Is workout at night good for my body?

Replies

• DaFibble
    DaFibble Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Some say exercise at night can leave you restless when you need to sleep. Thing is, if its part of a regular routine your body and mind will likely adjust regardless, so its a bit of a non-issue.
  • liftreadphilosophize
    Options
    It will really depend on your own body and how quickly it can get to a resting state after exercise. I use exercise to wake up in the morning, so I don't like to work out at night*. I know plenty of people who use exercise to tire themselves out at night, though, so do whatever works best for you!

*Unless I'm doing happy-sleepy-time-yoga stuff, in which case I love it.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    When I used to run I ran at night. I would get off of work at 10pm be home at 11pm and go running around 11:30pm. I loved it, it was the perfect time for me.
  • FRiNADA
    FRiNADA Posts: 67
    Options
    Its a non issue. If you work out at night or eat at night, it all depends on your sleep schedule too. I go running at 1-3 in the morning and have been seeing good results.
  • bigcrystal123
    bigcrystal123 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I find it easier to work out at night.it also helps my restless leg syndrome
  • saraghali
    saraghali Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    If I was working the same schedule like your I will woke up for Fajjar and excecice right after the salat than I will have breakfast and leave for the day. However this is just my opinion. if you feel good about working out at night just keep doing it!good luck
  • Alongbest
    Options
    Fajjar at my place is 550am and i will finished salat around 610am.. i've to leave home at 630 to catch up train. i just have time at night :smile: .
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    The very best time to exercise is the time you'll DO it regularly. Micromanaging fitness is silly unless you're a world-class athlete.

Everyone is different and that's fine.
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I have exercised at night regularly for about 2.5 months. It works fine for me.
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    If I train after 6pm, I am up 3 hours after lights out at 10pm.
    Each of us is different.

• jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone says "any time is a good time to work out". All that matters is if it works for you. For me, I like working out at night because I have to get up at 5am for work so I wouldn't want to get up any earlier than that to work out. The exception is on the weekends when I don't have to get up for work.

I actually find that I sleep better and have more energy the next morning when I exercise at night.

• Icandoityayme
    Icandoityayme Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I do my exercises about a half hour to an hour after dinner every night. Around 7 or 7:30 pm. I am in bed by 11:30 pm. I sleep like a log and it seems I lose more that way. It may not work like that for others but it works for me. I lose when I work out in the morning but it doesn't seem to show up on the scale as much. My thoughts on it for me is you need calories to burn and most of my calories come from my dinner. I just burn those off because I am burning my breakfast and lunch off throughout the day. At night, I am not as active so it's just sitting there until the morning. I may be wrong on it but if it works for me then that is what I continue to do.