I need motivational mfpal friends to get me started!

Options
Hi I am andrea and I'm 23 years old and 200 pounds. I am so sick of being fat and feeling bad about myself. I want to be down to 180. I just started school and working full time plus being a mom to a toddler. So what do I do at night when no one is watching? I eat! And i eat in my car a lot too. I think I can do it if I have an acountable partner. HELP!

Replies

• FRiNADA
    FRiNADA Posts: 67
    Options
    I used to and still fall back to that same problem. On the way home from work I would sneak in comfort foods because I was stressed out about my life. It's so hard to change but I will gladly help motivate you. Some days you just gotta learn to love yourself and know that you and your body deserve better. Don't treat yourself like a trashcan and you'll see great things happen, not only on your waistline but your mental state as well. :)
  • ndrberry725
    Options
    thank you. your right my body deserves good things. so when I got home tonight I took a nice bath (which I never do) and drank some chamomile tea. it was very nice and I didn't even feel like eating afterwards.
  • deljim
    deljim Posts: 3
    Options
    HELLO ANDREA, I'm 58, and I am beginning to take personal action for my health.. I have an issue eating out of FRUSTRATION, AND BOREDOM, so what I found to help me is not HAVING UNHEALTHY FOOD SO READILY ACCESSIBLE, it's very difficult, but if it is not available it is difficult to stop, dress, and go shopping. so ask why am I doing this and how can I stop it or get control of it?
  • Cori_Mac
    Cori_Mac Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hi Andrea! Welcome :) We all have choices in everything we do. Sometimes we make good ones, sometimes we don't. Please feel free to add me for support :)
  • loopingcaterpillar
    loopingcaterpillar Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    i took up knitting to help stop evening snacking, my hands are too busy, and i learned that things take time :P
  • sweetneat75
    sweetneat75 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hey Andrea, I think we are all in the same boat one way or another. Welcome to mfp. Feel free to add me