starting over again..

Options
Hey im starting over again and I re-entered my weight and now it says I should consume 1400 calories a day. I think thats alot! I could be wrong but is there a way to change how many calories you consume a day??

Replies

• katebowen37
    katebowen37 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    It's not really a lot. The amount of calories MFP gives you depends on your weight loss goals and your current weight.
  • jenniferkaye22
    jenniferkaye22 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    ok I was just wondering because last time I was on here it estimated 1200 calories
  • shifterbrainz
    shifterbrainz Posts: 245 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    MyHome-->Goals-->Change Goals-->Custom-->Continue. Change whatever you like. Then hit "Change Goals" button at bottom of page.
  • Daphnerose86
    Daphnerose86 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    1200 is on the low end of the scale for daily calorie consumption. Most believe it's the minimum you need to consume to keep your body from going into starvation mode. I would suggest keeping it at 1400 for now. If you feel over the next couple weeks you aren't losing the weight as fast as you want then decrease it or add more exercise. I have mine set for 1400 (but I'll eat up to 1650 if I'm hungry still) I've lost 10lbs since Sept. 1st. But everyone is different so at the end of the day if you feel like it's not working, do what works best for you. :)
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    1400 cals is not as much as you think it is. I try and keep myself between 1350 and 1600 most of the time. If I slip below 1300 then I'm usually looking at ways to up my cals because I know 1200 is too low. I noticed I was losing muscle mass at 1200.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    1400 is not a lot. I've successfully lost eating 1500-2000 calories. So you already tried 1200 and are back trying again, maybe look at that and think about it. Eating at a reasonable deficit, and learning how to do this long term may help so you can stick with it.

The number it gives you is based on what you selected. But my goal has been to eat as much as I could while still losing weight.