NSV-Ran 10 Miles!!!

Options
I started consistently running around 4 days a week three months ago, along with swimming that I had already been doing for the three other days in the week. When I first began, I would hardly be able to run a mile without passing out afterwards. Today I just ran 10.02 miles. I was not out of breath AT ALL for the whole run. I am thinking about signing up for a half-marathon this fall, and one day I'm going to be running ultras. Also, I have an extra 1000 calories to spend tonight on dinner, so ice cream is in my future! :D
Btw, I remember reading this quote somewhere, and it completely sums up running: "If you never want to run, then never start, because once you start you will never want to stop"

Replies

• jessspurr
    jessspurr Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Fabulous! You should feel very proud of yourself! Hitting 10 miles in three months is wild!
  • hermann341
    hermann341 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! If you can do 10 miles, you're basically ready for a half, so I say go for it. And that extra 1000 calories is how I get to enjoy some beer now and then.
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! In only 3 months!! Yup, you're totally ready for a half marathon. And great quote - so true!!
  • loopingcaterpillar
    loopingcaterpillar Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    wow, i'm still at the huffing and puffing after a few streets stage. 10 miles = awesomes
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    WooHoo!!!!! You go! Sign up for that half. At this point you've got it
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Holy cow! I've been running again for about 3 months and can only do about 4 miles... That's really awesome! Congrats!
  • Chloe9218160
    Chloe9218160 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Holy cow! I've been running again for about 3 months and can only do about 4 miles... That's really awesome! Congrats!

Have you tried pairing running up with other exercises? That really worked for me :smile:
  • Chloe9218160
    Chloe9218160 Posts: 61 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    hermann341 wrote: »
    Awesome job! If you can do 10 miles, you're basically ready for a half, so I say go for it. And that extra 1000 calories is how I get to enjoy some beer now and then.
    Amazing job! In only 3 months!! Yup, you're totally ready for a half marathon. And great quote - so true!!
    kgb6days wrote: »
    WooHoo!!!!! You go! Sign up for that half. At this point you've got it

I think I'm going to sign up for a half in late November/early December! That way, I can try to get myself up to 15ish miles :smiley:
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Excellent work! A half marathon is very much doable now.
  • throoper
    throoper Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!! I remember the day I first ran 10 miles... such a feeling of accomplishment. (I felt nauseous and horrible though, lol.) That's great you're going to do a half! And just fyi, the training plans I usually follow have you peaking at 13 miles 2 weeks before the race, so you wouldn't have to get up to 15 if you didn't want to.

PS if you're looking for runner friends, feel free to add me :smile:
  • optionalsourcewins
    optionalsourcewins Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!! I hear the half marathon calling your name!!!
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Really great job - I'm running my first 10 mi long run next week. It's an awesome feeling setting a new PR whether it's distance, total time, or split time, isn't it? Good luck getting ready for your half.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!