What did you do RIGHT today?

Options
I always seem to bugger up my good intentions, mostly by telling myself (and I know when I'm doing it that I'm lying to myself!) that it's ok to eat that 'totally not ok' thing because I'll be super good tomorrow/will go to the gym and work it off/can have it because I reeeeeally want it/insert excuse here.

today i had a breakthrough!

im a real sucker for turning my back on my healthy packed lunch in favour of yummy stuff available in my work tearoom, but today I made a conscious decision not to have bread and butter (oh, how I love bread and butter!!) with my dinner, and had the apple I had brought to work to go with my tea instead. later on, on my evening tea break, I went to the fridge to grab my usual cup (or two) of milk, but stopped myself, recognised i was just thirsty and had water. AND, when I got home at 11pm, decided I wasn't tired and went to get a cider from the fridge for something to do, I stepped away, had a water and then occupied myself writing this!

so here's to one good day. Hopefully I can make it two in a row!!

please, if anyone else wants to share their tiny victories, please do! I'd love to know that other people struggle to eat well and get ridiculously proud when they get it right!

Replies

• LP135
    LP135 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I really do believe in focusing on the positive, and with weight loss it's very very easy to focus on the negative and what you didn't do, so i think this thread is a great idea. Positive self talk, is something I understand the importance of, but implementing it is harder so i figure if i start recognizing the good things i do during the day that might help change my focus from negative to positive. Because let's face it - while i may sometimes eat too much, there are other things i'm doing that help keep that scale from skyrocketing.

What I Did Right Today (it's only 10am EST):
    I woke up early and even though i was stressed about something and wanting to just curl up and be held, i DID get up and do my morning work out - 35 minutes on teh ellip with a couple intervals of floor work in between.

Every little bit helps.

Thanks for starting this!
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I messed up yesterday, woke up ten minutes before I was meant to start work so had to get my lunch from the cafeteria (hazardous), and couldn't have my proper breakfast so was starving at 11 and had a cup of milk and some bikkies for a quick hit :(. Also, I fell victim to the birthday-cake-at-afternoon-tea trap.

But.. when I went to get my lunch, I bypassed the chips and the delightfully cheesy pasta bake (cheese and pasta being among my long list of weaknesses) and had veggies instead, I only had one bit of the cake, rather than sampling each cake on offer, and again I bypassed the call of the cider when I got home :)
  • mrk34
    mrk34 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    This is great. What a smart approach.
  • allroundthesun
    Options
    I drank loads of water. I'm on my 9th cup.
  • MissSusieQ
    Options
    Here's a good one... Yesterday I restarted c25k, having dropped out last time , not because I was finding it too hard, but because I just didn't believe I could do it.

today, not so monumental.

I resisted bubble tea, twice.
  • MissSusieQ
    Options
    Well done to everyone who has joined in! I'm glad I'm not the only one celebrating the little things!

mrk35, thanks. I just got so sick of feeling like a failure for eating a Kool Mint!

Nietzschekeen, well done. I find it really hard to meet my water goals, even harder than my calorie goal! I'm a theatre nurse, and have to be really careful about when I drink because there's nothing worse than needing to pee 20 minutes into a 3 hour case!

LP135, I applaud you. Any time spent on the ellip is nothing short of heroic in my eyes! I hope whatever was stressing you has settled down.