I'm half way there! (Pics included)

Options
Hey everyone I'm faye. I'm 24 years old, five foot nothing short and this is my weight loss journey so far.

Where to begin?
Okay,
So back when I was 17 I was diagnosed with pcos but I never had a weight issue. I was 8 and a half stone, size 8 tiny little teenager with a bounty of energy, a physically demanding job and a very active social life.
From 17 to 21 I gradually gained weight, most was through complacency and eating my money. I grew up in a home where food wasn't prioritised and I often went without, so, as soon as I got a job and moved out I spent what money I had on food, takeaways, restaurants,meal deals, anything that didn't require cooking... I was young, living independently, what can you expect lol.
Other things contributed to my weight gain, a break down of a relationship, binge drinking, more takeaways and the freedom to to what I wanted when I wanted all played towards me hitting my pre baby weight of 9 and a half stone.

Back in 2011 I met the man of my dreams and *kitten* happend fast. We somehow ended up putting a bun in my oven, three months into our relationship! Don't ask me how, but it happened and after being told I would never be able to conceive naturally because of my pcos I was so incredibly frightened about having a baby that I wraped myself up in metaphorical cotton wool and stayed away from as much activity as I could, and I'll bet we already know what my comfort was, but I'm gonna tell you anyway, food.
Crisps,pop,chocolate,biscuits,cups of tea,cakes,more chocolate, honestly you would think i was about to hibernate not have a baby.
Anyway. Throughout my pregnancy and for a short time after me and the man in my life had some housing issues resulting in us living in 2 bed and breakfasts and a hostel while I was pregnant. During this time we had no kitchen so we ate out. Everynight.
My pregnancy became an excuse to eat ever more, swapping standard portions for large ones and so the story goes on.
My baby was born in 2012 and she has been my saving grace but postnatal depression, a miscarriage, a house move and two christmas's didn't help with the comfort eating.

Back at the beginning of this year i decided enough was enough and I needed to make a change but I had no idea where to start so I got myself on a list to see a dietician and continued to eat like a horse until it started.
August this year marked the beginning of this journey when I started seeing my dietician.
On the 14th of August I officially weighed the heaviest I have ever at 11 stone 2 lb. it doesn't sound like much but for my little frame it is, or should I say was (yay)

This has by far been harder than anything. I've had good days and bad days, ups and downs. Days where I've been under and days where I've doubled on the calories. I've wanted to give up more than I've wanted to carry on but I've persevered.
So far I have lost 15lb. That's half way to my target of 30lb which would take me to 9stone.
A healthy weight for my height and size.
So here, and please don't laugh at the state of me, are my progress photos.
I honestly couldn't have done it without the support of MFP and the people I have befriended through it and not to mention the rock that is my other half, without him I'd probably still be complaint how fat I am while eating cake and drinking coke!
If I can do it so can you :)

Ps. A lot of work is still needed and i've lost this weight by changing my eating habits. I don't exersize much and if I do it's not for long!
And I also apologise for any spelling errors.... I can't proof read!
Thanks for reading my story :)mgg8k7llf6jo.jpg
e93ejwzpzc5k.jpg
fp8rb3imjd0g.jpg
zxa0cq7yks00.jpg
om4k5v77z6z3.jpg

Replies

• Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    you are doing fabulous! so happy for you my friend and so sorry to hear about your struggles. I wish you continued success in reaching your goals.
  • DEVINinMN
    DEVINinMN Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You're doing it! Looking great!
  • BusyB223
    BusyB223 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Stay connected with MFP. Keep up the great work.
  • fayelobeck89
    fayelobeck89 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    you are doing fabulous! so happy for you my friend and so sorry to hear about your struggles. I wish you continued success in reaching your goals.

Thank you :)
  • fayelobeck89
    Options
    DEVINinMN wrote: »
    You're doing it! Looking great!

Thank you x
  • fayelobeck89
    Options
    BusyB223 wrote: »
    Great job!!! Stay connected with MFP. Keep up the great work.

Thank you :)
  • Dreambodyreacher22
    Options
    Looking Good!
  • lillyrose2020
    lillyrose2020 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    You're doing great and thanks for sharing your story :)
  • fayelobeck89
    Options
    Thank you
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Good going girl! I didn't realise you were a fellow shortarse x
  • fayelobeck89
    Options
    Good going girl! I didn't realise you were a fellow shortarse x

Oh yes, yes I am Vertically challenged. X
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Great job. Keep it up.
    (I have P.C.O.S. too but wasn't diagnosed till 2009)
    68006032.png
  • bbastin55
    bbastin55 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You look great way to go!
  • MelanieMamaof5
    MelanieMamaof5 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Great work. You are doing great!!!!
  • dwozniak16
    dwozniak16 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Great progress! You're doing great! I'm about 3 pounds shy of my halfway mark!! Hopefully I hit it before the 100 day mark! I am thinking of posting a progress once I hit day 100 on MFP. 12 days to go, and 47 pounds down as of today :)
  • fayelobeck89
    Options
    dwozniak16 wrote: »
    Great progress! You're doing great! I'm about 3 pounds shy of my halfway mark!! Hopefully I hit it before the 100 day mark! I am thinking of posting a progress once I hit day 100 on MFP. 12 days to go, and 47 pounds down as of today :)

Sounds good to me! The idea of posting photos of myself was scary but I actually think it's done me some good. I'm not a body-confident person so I'm not one for flashing the flesh but by sharing my story others like me may be inspired. I really didn't think I would get this far so it's a huge achievement to me and I just hope people can take somethin from my story :)

Thanks for all the kind words everybody :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!