Nutrition goals

Options
Hi everyone I am new to this and my goal is 1,700 calories a day. How do I know how much is carbs, protien, trans fat, sodium etc??

Replies

• RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    If you go to your "Food" tab it will tell you the totals. What you see is fully customizable for what you want to track. You can sub out sugar for Potassium if you wanted to track potassium measurements, for example. You can only track 5 things after Calories. I personally track the big 3, and then fiber and saturated fat. You can change that if you go into "Food" and click on "Settings" in the ribbon of the tab.

Your phone app also has access to list nutrients and graphs. Explore that in the "Nutrition" label.

For reference, Protein has 4 Cal/g, Carbs have 4 Cal/g, and fat (which makes up 80% of my diet) is 9 Cal/g.
  • Paigeee37
    Options
    Thank you !
  • covens04
    covens04 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    In general, following the 40/40/20 rule is a pretty good place to start. 40% prot and carbs, and 20% fat. I wouldn't get to bogged down by the macronutrients right now. I would first focus on hitting your calorie goal everyday. Then you can worry about the right amount of prot/carbs/fat. Hope this helps!