Somebody noticed...

Options
Three weeks in and my mother in law asked me if I'd lost weight. I played it cool and said a little....but really wanted to jump up and down and shout yes, thank you for noticing. Lol. Made my day.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    B)
  • lesleychev
    lesleychev Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Love it when that happens. Well done
  • jimmyalice1984
    jimmyalice1984 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Jumping up and down is a good plyometric exercise so do it whenever someone notices.... and big thumbs up for someone noticing after 3 weeks, it took ages before anyone saw a change in me!!
  • Beanogirl
    Beanogirl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Good for you. It's a nice feeling.
  • SimonCypher
    SimonCypher Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Well done! Looking forward to when I get that comment or something similar :smile:
  • HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    after a while it'll change to "oh my god, stop losing weight, you're so tiny" .. that gets old PRETTY fast.. :|
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    jdt242 wrote: »
    Three weeks in and my mother in law asked me if I'd lost weight. I played it cool and said a little....but really wanted to jump up and down and shout yes, thank you for noticing. Lol. Made my day.
    It's nice when others start noticing!
    Nobody said anything to me for 3 months, but after losing that initial 30 pounds, the flood gates opened. People began commenting. Today, after 90 pounds lost, those who have not seen me in 5 years do not even recognize me.
  • Palamedes
    Palamedes Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Just wait until you have to deny that you have cancer...
  • Rmntrose
    Rmntrose Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's especially exciting when you've told no one about your journey. Keep up the good work!
  • BastetJenn
    Options
    Congratulations!! I had the same moment last night with a friend.

It's such a nice feeling.
  • amyj514
    amyj514 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Congrats, keep it up!
    after a while it'll change to "oh my god, stop losing weight, you're so tiny" .. that gets old PRETTY fast.. :|
    I get that from my mom and sister. It's annoying.

• Rugbynutter
    Rugbynutter Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Even better when it's an ex ..... or you catch someone who never noticed you before do "the double take"! I'm addicted to that feeling.
  • mbcaldwell123
    mbcaldwell123 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Even better when it's an ex ..... or you catch someone who never noticed you before do "the double take"! I'm addicted to that feeling.

Oh PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE say that you turned your nose up at that someone who never noticed you before!!! All I can say is that if they didn't like you/me fat, then you/I should have ZERO time for them when we are no longer as big.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,203 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Awesome!
  • McGristy
    McGristy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    HAHA YESSSS!! Happened to me too yesterday. Highest of fives!! You go right ahead and jump up and down! :D
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    It's working! Woo hoo keep it up ;)
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Palamedes wrote: »
    Just wait until you have to deny that you have cancer...

Haha. I recently got my first, "You've lost a lot of weight. Are you sick?" comment.
  • TossaBeanBag
    TossaBeanBag Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Motivating. Keep it up.
  • lilmisfit1987
    lilmisfit1987 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Love it! Just wait until people you haven't seen in awhile don't even ask IF you've lost weight, they simply ask how much you've lost! You can ride that feeling all the way to the moon!
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I got one today!!! lol yayayayay! Yay us! lol