Where to stay in France

Options
Laoch_Cailin
Laoch_Cailin Posts: 414 Member
I'm looking into booking a holiday in France for our family (2 adults and 3kids). We are taking the ferry to Rosscoff so we'll have our car with us.

We only have a few things we need. An indoor swimming pool and lots of stuff on site to keep the kids occupied. Any recommendation?

Replies

• Laoch_Cailin
    Options
    Bumping just incase anyone has any ideas! About France I mean, not just ideas about anything. <3
  • fitgirlandfoodie
    fitgirlandfoodie Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    when are you planning this holiday? for next summer? I've been going on holidays with my family to france since I was 13 weeks old (camping) If you've never been and are worried about long drives with family I'd look to the Loire valley - there's a great campsite at Blois that me, my family and another family we used to go with absolutely adored (the swimming complex is fab), Brittany is stunning and fabulous but the weather is hit and miss (even in summer) so I'd be wary if it's a short holiday where you'd like some sun. My favourite places are down south - the dordogne/ avurgne or in alsace but do require a bit of driving so it would be based on your childrens ages and the lenght of time you have :-) message me if you'd like a bit more info (I REALLY love camping in France and am already planning our next holiday :-) xxx
  • Laoch_Cailin
    Options
    We are going next summer. We are hoping to stay somewhere no more than 3hrs drive from Rosslare. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look them up.

We've gone 3 times now to Port de Plaisance in Brittany. Loved it, but would like a wee change.

The kids will be 8, 4 and 1yrs old
  • 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Sorry I can't help, but I wanted to wish you an enjoyable trip. I love France! Last time I went I stayed in Paris, the friends I was with were on a super-strict hotel budget, and we ended up in a small not-so-cute hotel in the red light district, Pigalle. As we were checking in, another hotel guest was reporting her passport stolen. In the early morning you could look down at the street and watch the hookers going home. (We did have fun, but there's no way I'd recommend that hotel to a total stranger!) Bon voyage!
  • smelons
    smelons Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I've not got any accommodation recommendations, but remember to take swimming trunks for the male members of your party as most French pools won't let them swim in shorts... http://www.thegoodlifefrance.com/speedos-versus-trunks-in-swimming-pools-in-france/
  • MoriorInvictus
    Options
    Hotel aux Tamaris!! I used to travel for a living and stayed there and I absolutely loved it.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    George V, or preferably Germany...
  • Laoch_Cailin
    Options
    Thanks everyone x