Having trouble entering recipe

Options
I've tried c&p url and manually entering recipe... each time the ingredient quantities are not entering properly. Each time i've tried to edit ingredient quantities, changes won't save and it reverts back to original incorrect amounts.

I try to click the check mark next to my edit and it turns green while i'm hovering, but no matter how many time i click, once my mouse moves away from the checkmark, it turns grey again. I'm thinking this might be why my changes aren't being saved.

What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• icanplay3
    icanplay3 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    The functionality is broken...I was SO frustrated with it last weekend as I wanted to make some homemade recipes and it was a total fail. I just haven't navigated far enough on this site to figure out how to report technical problems. :\
  • shattrdillusion
    Options
    I've had the same issue, I had to resort to the old manual way of entering one ingredient at a time, that seems to be working for the time being!
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    Issues here too. Recipe builder seems to be broken :disappointed_relieved:
  • Laurelverse
    Laurelverse Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It is quite a shame because I love using the site but the broken features on the recipe importer and recipe creator are making me look at other options.
  • ViolaLeeBlueberry
    ViolaLeeBlueberry Posts: 182 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    LOVE your name, Dalai Mama!

I just discovered the "add recipe" feature, followed by discovering that it doesn't work. I was going to post a question about how to use it so that it actually works, LOL, but I see you did and it doesn't :smile: I don't really follow recipes anyway, but I'd sure like to be able to add some I find online for inspiration or to try sometime, and it'd be convenient to put in a few things of my own I normally do .... but noooo.

So I just enter all my ingredients in the Daily Food Diet. It must look really weird if anyone has checked it, cuz it seems like I'm eating raw cauliflower all day.

One recipe I DID add came out differently in calories -- like, double -- compared to the website of origin. In ways that don't totally make sense. If I change amounts, it doesn't even keep it at the correct way. (One cup of minced garlic? Really?!?)

It'd be really nice if that was fixed.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    LOVE your name, Dalai Mama!

I just discovered the "add recipe" feature, followed by discovering that it doesn't work. I was going to post a question about how to use it so that it actually works, LOL, but I see you did and it doesn't :smile: I don't really follow recipes anyway, but I'd sure like to be able to add some I find online for inspiration or to try sometime, and it'd be convenient to put in a few things of my own I normally do .... but noooo.

So I just enter all my ingredients in the Daily Food Diet. It must look really weird if anyone has checked it, cuz it seems like I'm eating raw cauliflower all day.

One recipe I DID add came out differently in calories -- like, double -- compared to the website of origin. In ways that don't totally make sense. If I change amounts, it doesn't even keep it at the correct way. (One cup of minced garlic? Really?!?)

It'd be really nice if that was fixed.

OK, garlic must be broken. Because I have been begging this stupid recipe to stop changing to 2 CUPS of garlic instead of 2 cloves and it absolutely will not. I even tried other measurements. It insists upon 2 cups and only cups. It's frustrating.
  • ViolaLeeBlueberry
    ViolaLeeBlueberry Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    It must have heard something about an upcoming vampire invasion. And I thought all we had to worry about was zombies.
  • Lizajayne23
    Lizajayne23 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I don't know why, but they've managed to screw up the recipe creator/editor portion of my app more than ever! Now I can't edit a recipe at all. If I try to add something or change an ingredient, it comes up with chicken soup to add and that's it. I'm so frustrated!
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Oh, good, I thought I was the only one with this problem. I created a recipe that calls for 2 tbsp of butter, and when I saved it and saw the calorie count it was off the charts, so I went back to look and saw it had reverted to 2 *cups* of butter. I tried changing it back a bunch of times, but it keeps reverting.

...Any word from MFP's tech support on when this issue might be resolved?