Sushi in NYC

Options
Okay so I have a new love for sushi. I am going to NYC in a couple of months and will want sushi :)
Can anyone recommend a good sushi restaurant in the midtown/times square area please :)
And any other places to eat in the area with yummy food :smiley:

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,674 Member
    Options
    Sorry. Not sushi. But if I am in NYC I like to visit the Korean restaurants on West 32nd. No specific recommendations because I usually choose one at random.
  • KayleighIsGoingFatToFit
    Options
    I have never tried Korean food but will defo go down there and try some :smile:, thank you :agree:
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,674 Member
    Options
    The Japanese actually came originally from Korea, so there are some similarities foodwise. They do a nice sashimi that is scattered on salad with a paprika sauce. There is more barbecued meat in the Korean kitchen.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    If money isn't tight and you can get out of Times Square (ew, don't eat there), check out Blue Ribbon Sushi.
  • mellowkate
    mellowkate Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    Sorry. Not sushi. But if I am in NYC I like to visit the Korean restaurants on West 32nd. No specific recommendations because I usually choose one at random.

I work about a block from here and can totally back that up, lot of good Korean BBQ. Although, I'm a REALLY big fan of Pho 32 (W. 32nd, just off 5th Ave) if Vietnamese is your thing.

For sushi, Yasuda is out of this world but a little on the pricier side. I usually order my delivery from Abeca (E. 27th St, off Park South) but haven't dined in.
  • aevonvett
    aevonvett Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Haru isn't bad if you're looking for sushi. It's on 43rd street smack dab in the middle of midtown/Times Square