Today I reached my first goal....20 pounds GONE!

Options
Many moons ago my wife was doing Weight Watchers and I decided to do it with her and just didn't go to meetings or any of that stuff. I lost 20 pounds and it was absolutely miserable. I was eating crap I didn't like and always felt hungry and once I hit 20 pounds my points dropped again and I just said "forget it". That was the last time I ever tried to lose weight until a month and a half ago. So, when I started this journey my first goal was 20 pounds. Today I hit that goal! I've just been counting calories and using MFP to keep track of everything and find the calories in the foods I'm eating. It truly has made this much easier than the last time and has helped keep me sane when I just don't know what I want to eat.

Now I just have to think of the best way to reward myself!!

Replies

• Hammie18
    Hammie18 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Glad you found something that works for you. Keep at it!
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. That is awesome.
  • EWilliamson
    EWilliamson Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    AWESOME WORK :) Reward yourself with ANYTHING but food!!!! Like a new outfit or new shoes? Or anything fitness?? Thats awesome! Feels great huh. Keep it up and it will stay off :)
  • jram70
    jram70 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Good job. This site makes it so much easier.
  • Fleur933
    Fleur933 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! 20lbs is seriously awesome!
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Excellent work, and just like the T.A.R.D.I.S. you'll be looking smaller on the outside ;-)
  • Spayrroe
    Spayrroe Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Grats!! Btw, I <3 your TARDIS appreciation :)

Weight Watchers was the first 'diet plan' that I found that I was optimistic about. Since you didn't have to eat diet foods or whatever, just use the points system. I couldn't stick with it either though because I didn't like the WW specific things that tell you how many points they are, and calculating the points all the time for everything else was just annoying. I also find this much easier. Almost everything gives you nutrition information anymore (and it's easy to find online if the package/menu doesn't have it), and it's also easier to learn to make the better food choices. I have found a few things that the calorie deficit from using the 'light' version just isn't worth the different in taste, but there are many things that I've acclimated to switching out (like skim milk instead of 2% since I pretty much just use it for cereal and cooking).

Good job on sticking with it! I can't wait to read that you've reached your next goal :)
  • gtm124
    gtm124 Posts: 179
    Options
    Great job. I am looking forward to my 20 pounds GONE.
  • troythegeek
    Options
    ...just like the T.A.R.D.I.S. you'll be looking smaller on the outside...

This needs to be on a T-Shirt NOW!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!