maybe tmi but....

Options
Ok, serious question. I went back on my diet 4 days ago. Been eating healthy, lots of veggies. Problem is that after almost every meal within a half hour I'm in the bathroom witn diarrhea. Is this normal? And do the meals even count or give me nutrtion if it's just coming right out? Sorry if tmi!

Replies

• Chrisparadise579
    Chrisparadise579 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    No that isnt normal at all, you could be sick or have food poisoning but that shouldnt be happening
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    No and I'd seriously consider getting in to see your doctor.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Do you have ibs? What you are eating could be triggering it. Like if you don't normally eat veg but now you're eating alot more that could mess w you. Try eating smaller quantities til your body gets used to it. I have ibsc.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Doodles111 wrote: »
    Ok, serious question. I went back on my diet 4 days ago. Been eating healthy, lots of veggies. Problem is that after almost every meal within a half hour I'm in the bathroom witn diarrhea. Is this normal? And do the meals even count or give me nutrtion if it's just coming right out? Sorry if tmi!

When you're not on a diet are you eating "lots of veggies"?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    It's not "normal" but it could simply be a result of your change in diet. What did you when you were off the diet? How much is "lots" of vegetables? What else are you eating?

Diarrhea can cause malabsorption of your food, but it's difficult to pinpoint exactly how much nutrients and calories are absorbed without medical tests.
  • Doodles111
    Doodles111 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yes i do have ibs. Im on daily meds for it. Ever since i had my gallbladder removed 2 yrs ago basically the 1st thing i eat, no matter what, it causes diarrhea. Dr said it happens in about 10% of people. It just seems worse with the diet this week. When i was off my diet, i ate whatever i wanted. (Usually not veggies, lol) Now that I'm back on, i have been doing low calorie chow mein (peppers, sprouts, water chestnuts, ect) and i have a salad i make with broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes and ranch dressing. Also some lean cuisine and light soups. Lots of water.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I don't know much about IBS, but you might try cooking your vegetables to make them more digestable. Also, adding a few vegetables at a time, rather than lots all at once, might help you determine which are most problematic.