This is it.

Options
I have struggled with my weight my whole life. Before I had my son I dropped 40 pounds quickly but since having him I can't seem to lose any weight. I am currently seeing a dr and she Augustus I get this app. Looking for people to be my friend on here to help keep me accountable. :)

Replies

• jklavenga
    Options
    I also just started with this app, and am seeking friends to encourage and be encouraged by. Would be honored if you decide to add me. Together we can do this thing!
  • flip212
    Options
    Best of luck to you! Feel free to add me if you'd like :o)
  • covens04
    covens04 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Good luck. Feel free to add me. We are all here to help.
  • Phobos1618
    Options
    What do you think the hardest part about losing weight is? Figuring out what to eat? Motivation to eat properly? Knowing how to exercise and how long?
  • shirenam
    Options
    Motivation I would say
  • xShreddx
    xShreddx Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    One day at a time, you can do it by resetting your daily routine to eat sensibly and finding time to exercise. Good luck!
  • squisherz
    squisherz Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    This App, lots of exercise and better eating habits worked for me. Don't think diet, you're starting a new lifestyle. Diets end but lifestyle goes on and on.
  • cindyt472
    cindyt472 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Good luck, feel free to add me if you like. :)
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    rsclause wrote: »
    This App, lots of exercise and better eating habits worked for me. Don't think diet, you're starting a new lifestyle. Diets end but lifestyle goes on and on.
    For me when I started, the words "lifestyle change" were empty to me until someone translated that into a real life concept - don't give up anything that you're not prepared to give up for the rest of your life. If you know you'll want it, best to try to learn how to moderate the amounts. If you know you don't care about a food item, feel free to cut it out if it helps your goals. That's what lifestyle change means to me :)

Also... if you feel tired in the first few weeks, keep chugging along. Your body will adjust.

And another tip, if you're looking to exercise, try finding something you like, who cares what it is!
  • shirenam
    Options
    Thank u everyone. It is so nice to have a support group
  • beccaheiser
    beccaheiser Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me! Talk to your doctor about losing weight. If you're having trouble you may have an underlying problem like thyroid. Before I started losing weight I got a blood test done to see if I was in the right shape.
  • tdhdee
    tdhdee Posts: 31 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Good luck and know you have friends here! I eat what I want in moderation and always do my best to plan meals, check web sites out for nutrition values when eating out, I go the extra steps when I can to be true to ME. That's who benefits and that's who suffers. Put yourself first. I know I can get on people's last nerves with asking if I can see packages to add the values but hey, I didn't see anyone tell me to put down the donuts when I was gaining all this weight. LOL My mom lives with us and does most of the cooking so she is already well trained to never throw out cans, boxes or whatever she's making until I get home from work and can do my adding. It works for me.

57763017.png
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add. What tends to motivate YOU? Do you need a group to help encourage you? Do you need to write things down and cross off goals? Do you need small goals and a gift for yourself? Really think about what helps You, then we can help better.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    You can add me and anyone else the more the better! We can all do it!
  • missylectro
    missylectro Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'm open to more friends!