40/30/30 simple meal plans

Options
I'm currently reading 'The new rules of lifting for women'. I'd like to start on a 40/30/30 diet, however I've looked at the meals and I'm now thinking that I can't do the actual plan in the book because I just don't have the time to prepare the food listed. I work 12+ hour days 6 days a week, not including travel time to work.

However I would like to change my diet. So I'm looking for people with open diaries or if you know of other books/websites that can give me really simple meal plans for the 40/30/30 ratio.
Thanks!

Replies

• AH2013
    AH2013 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I do 40/30/30 too. You are welcome to look in my diary.....after today, not before!!!!! :wink:

I'm vegetarian though so it might not be a great deal of interest to you, but you are welcome all the same. I'm also starting NRoLFW. Good luck with it all :)
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Thank you.

Anyone else?
  • margojr4
    margojr4 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I lift 3x week and eat 40/35/25. Add me, my diary is open! :)

If you can take some time on your day off to make foods in bulk it makes it real easy during the week for grab and go meals. I spend about 2hrs on a Sunday getting foods together.
  • shellbert612
    shellbert612 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    How do you know what ratio you should be? I've seen the 40/30/30 on the workouts I've done so just went with that. Not the I'm hitting the mark dead on daily or anything...but still.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    40/30/30 should be pretty easy as it's so well balanced. And your individual meals don't have to be 40/30/30, you just want to be averaging 40/30/30 over time.

Do you/will you cook at all, or are we talking about strictly microwavable stuff?

So go-tos right off the top of my head:
    tacos
    chili
    burgers
    meatballs
    steak
    chicken parm
    egg sandwiches

• itzjulz
    itzjulz Posts: 57 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I generally follow a 40/30/30 plan, and also have a very busy career and schedule. This month I've had a lot of after-work and social events, which can throw off my typical meal plan, but here's what I typically do during the week:

Breakfast:
    Over the weekends I make a batch of "egg muffins" using a silicone muffin pan. Brown 8 oz of ground turkey, cook 1/2 cup (dry, before cooking) quinoa, and add about 2 cups of whatever veggies and spices you'd like (I usually use broccoli, spinach, and/or onion). Mix these ingredients together, then spoon evenly into the muffin pan. Whisk (or blend in the blender) 10-12 eggs, then pour in the muffin cups until the cups are full. Bake at 350 for ~35 minutes or until the eggs are cooked. I let them cool and then freeze them. For breakfast I eat 2 "muffins", microwaved for 2-3 minutes. You could easily make a double batch (24) to last two weeks.

Lunch:
    I usually have some combination of the following. We have a fridge in my office, so I can generally keep these things on hand for the week:
    2-4 oz of turkey lunchmeat or grilled chicken
    1/2 c. cottage cheese or a container of nonfat greek yogurt
    baby carrots or other veggie
    apple, pear, orange, or other serving of fruit

Snacks:
    Almonds (love Blue Diamond Salted Caramel or Toasted Coconut)
    Roasted chickpeas
    Roasted edamame
    Jerky or dried meat (I like Simply Snackin' brand)
    Greek yogurt
    String cheese
    Fruit

I usually work out after work, and have whey protein on those days

Dinner:
    Grilled chicken, ground turkey, salmon, or tilapia
    Steamed veggies - lots of 'em
    Occasionally I'll add a fried egg or some carb (brown rice, quinoa) depending on where I'm at for the day protein and carb-wise

I also love to do a "burrito bowl" of sorts with ground turkey, canned black beans (low sodium or organic), frozen corn, onions and/or peppers. Add a sprinkle of cheese and some salsa or hot sauce.

On the weekends or nights I don't work out, I might get a little more creative with my meals.

Desserts or late-night snacks:
    Yasso-brand frozen greek yogurt pops
    Greek yogurt
    Smoothie with almond milk, frozen banana, PB2, and cocoa powder
    Popcorn

Hope that helps!
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Fajitas! Nice skirt steak chopped up and lots of veggies like red and green peppers and onions. Add or don't add the tortilla. I usually eat one tortilla and fill up on seconds of the skirt steak. :D