Meal replacement Shakes- Idealshape??

Options
I am looking for a good meal replacement shake. Has anyone tried the Idealshape shakes? They seem to be rated the highest and best price per shake but I was hoping to find someone that has actually used them. Trying to jump start things and honestly I am the worst about not eating breakfast, thought this would get me going and give me nutrition to help through the morning.

Replies

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is not a requirement for weight loss.

Eat real food, log your calories...that's all you need to do.
  • JennyLV75
    JennyLV75 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have done that in the past and was able to loose 100 lbs with combining watching calories and exercising. Honestly I became complacent and never finished my goal or losing 40 more. I have recently gained almost 20 of the 100 back, working to get it off and continue with my original goal. Lost 13 in the last 3 weeks. I know breakfast is not a requirement but with low blood sugar it does help to get me going. A shake is easy for me to do and I am able to drink it while driving to work. Just trying to find the one that may work for someone else and have their input.

Thanks for the advice :)
  • torriedenton
    Options
    Hi I never used to eat breakfast but I know now why they say it is the most important meal of the day, I feel more energy and just generally better for the rest of the day!! I started drinking the GNC Total Lean shakes for breakfast and they seem to help with my hunger. I would recommend the swiss chocolate, the vanilla bean to me is gross but the chocolate is good. But hey to each their own you may love the vanilla. I started my diet last Monday but didn't start the shakes until this Monday but since Monday I have lost 3 lbs, but I am also doing a pre diet cleanse with the shakes. Its the 7 day fast loss kit. I am going to continue with the shakes after this 7 days because it seems to be helping and it makes for a great meal replacement. Good Luck!!!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    JennyLV75 wrote: »
    I have done that in the past and was able to loose 100 lbs with combining watching calories and exercising. Honestly I became complacent and never finished my goal or losing 40 more. I have recently gained almost 20 of the 100 back, working to get it off and continue with my original goal. Lost 13 in the last 3 weeks. I know breakfast is not a requirement but with low blood sugar it does help to get me going. A shake is easy for me to do and I am able to drink it while driving to work. Just trying to find the one that may work for someone else and have their input.

Thanks for the advice :)

If you like shakes, why not just make your own? That way you can save money and have variety.

• JennyLV75
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion torriedenton. I saw the GNC total lean listed, everyone seemed to like the chocolate, but it seemed expensive for the amount of servings. I may try it though. I have though about replacing breakfast and lunch for a short time, at least during the week. I sit at a desk all day so no reason to have a full on lunch and a shake is easier to drink at my desk than to eat a salad. LOL
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I would say if you are able you can make your own protein or meal replacement drink. Just google it or watch some youtube vids. Sorry I jave not tried that brand but I do take the nutiva hemp protein powder. I wanted to do what you are thinking of but could not afford it and they all have additives and tons of sugars etc. So I found nutiva no sugars or additives and 0 net carbs. I use almond or coconut for a fat (milk) add in 1 egg 1 half avacado(fats) 1 tbsp coconutoil and 1 cup kale or some veggie and a banana to sweeten or 1 packet stevia. The fats keep you full. You can add in chia seeds or flaxseed for fiber or psyllium husk. I add in powdered vit c (buffered) bone meal (calcium) and arrowroot powder. ( I have constipation so it adds a little help) and you can create whatever flavors you like, I am a pumpkin nut so I made up a pumpkin one! Its so yummy and filling and rakes like 5 minutes!
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    You can also just use water if you are watching carbs or cant use milks.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    They're a joke. Not filling at all. Just don't eat breakfast if you're not hungry.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Paige682 wrote: »

This and this and this.

• bebdinosaur
    bebdinosaur Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    They're okay... I don't think they're very filling, and they definitely did not mix so well with my morning appetite (which is nearly nonexistent and easily upset). The chocolate is way better than the vanilla, that's for sure.
    If you feel that you need to eat something in the mornings to get you going, why not try some fruit? A banana and some coffee usually works for me, when I have nothing else and feel I must eat something for the energy.
  • Wookinpanub
    Wookinpanub Posts: 635 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I love GNC Total Lean 25 shakes. I have one in the morning and sometimes for dinner. They taste great and even better if you add some fruit. Just look for sales and become a gold member for addl discounts. My favorites are Orange Crème, Berry, Choc Peanut Butter. Very filling imo.

I add some ice, water, fuit and mix in a blender for the best results
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Paige682 wrote: »

Agree with this.

I don't do breakfast myself.

I also recommend you eat vs. drink your calories.
    But in a pinch or trying to fill out calories/macros, they work.
    I personally just do Met-RX Whey Protein w/ Milk (or egg whites).
  • 2bassets
    2bassets Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I love the Ideal Shape shakes. They are my favorite and the chocolate is to die for. Sometimes I put in a frozen banana in mine and blend it. YUM!
  • peachs1981
    Options
    If it helps you to do a protein shake as a meal replacement so it takes out the figuring out various caloric quantities for all the different components of your breakfast, then go for it. I am! I'm drinking the powdered Muscle Milk with water as my base. I got the chocolate and I add 1 TBSP of peanut butter to it. SO good. I take it right after I have Metamucil and just make sure to drink plenty of water. I definitely don't feel hungry. It helps me stay on track and it's yummy and easy.
  • NatalieLJ
    NatalieLJ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have a meal replacement shake for breakfast, as before that I wouldn't eat anything on a morning and wouldn't lose weight (I just don't seem to if I skip breakfast). Plus, being gluten, fructose and lactose intolerant, my breakfast choices were pretty limited even if I did feel like eating! Now I have a shake for breakfast with unsweetened almond milk, sometimes add in a little peanut butter, then a healthy mid morning snack, plenty of water and a sensible lunch and dinner, and it's working for me. It also works out a lot cheaper than most other convenient on-the-go breakfast solutions for work days.
  • JennyLV75
    Options
    I haven't had a chance to make it to GNC and I haven't committed to the Ideal Shape shakes yet, wanted a little more info and user experience. I did find the FitMiss shakes, sold at GNC and were on sale at Walgreens this week so I gave them a try yesterday and today. Vanilla Chai is great, extremely filling and will be easy to add fruit to without a problem in taste. I am the same NatalieLJ, if I don't jump start my system in the am my body seems to hold the weight longer. Trying to watch caloric and lower my carb intake so the amount of fruit I eat is limited, usually save it for a mid morning snack, but I have to say yesterday I had to force myself to eat a small apple for mid morning because 3 hours after the shake I wasn't hungry. Thinking about buying the chocolate and mixing it with coffee in the am. Only 90 calories, 3 grams of carbs, and 16 grams of protein per serving it seemed like a good fit for me. I mixed the vanilla chai with unsweetened almond milk (30 calories) but found I still had to add more water to it, was very sweet. I miss my morning coffee but couldn't stand it black or with artificial sweeteners, so thinking with the chocolate Fitmiss I will be able to satisfy my coffee craving (haven't been to Starbucks in months much less my café con Leche - with sugar of course) and give me that nutritional boost I need in the am.

Thanks for all of the suggestions, I will take all I can get, still learning and attempting to change my lifestyle again. Last time I lost the weight without any shakes or special diets, but I mentally needed that initial boost in weight loss to get me back on track.

BTW the Fitmiss breaks down to less than $1 per serving while on sale, GREAT deal for a meal especially when on a budget!
  • JennyLV75
    Options
    I began using Fitmiss Shakes and I am very happy with the results so far. The shakes taste great and are very filling. At 90 calories per serving they are good for a meal or a snack. I am using 4 oz of original unsweetened almond milk with 12-16 ounces of coffee and alternate between a scoop of chocolate or a scoop of vanilla chai. This gives me my morning coffee and my protein shake/meal in the morning. I know that is not ideal for everyone but it is a two for one for me. My coffee without using any of the creamers a loved so much in the past and a meal. Saves me calories in the day and helps jump start me before my morning workout. Down 27 lbs in about 6 weeks, moving along :)
  • betrishy
    betrishy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I use the Fitmiss and think they are the better of the protein powers I have tried. I have been doing Fitmiss vanilla chai, canned pumpkin, almond milk and ice for a fall taste!