5'5" woman - 4 pounds down, 12 to go - Looking for friends!!

Options
So I'm trying to lose the weight I gained over the last year and a half. I was the same weight for YEARS until I decided to quit smoking. Ever since, it's been slowly creeping up. So here I am taking charge and making changes :)

I started walking to work and going for walks at lunch. I average around 12,000 steps a day using the pacer app on my phone. Before this I was sedentary with less than 5,000 steps a day. I also started counting my calories. I find the weekdays are pretty easy, but the weekends are tough! Probably because I have more time on my hands to think about food and also because I love my red wine.

So far so good - I've been averaging about 0.9 lbs lost per week over the last 4 weeks.

I'm looking for friends who have a similar amount of weight to lose for motivation and support!!!!

~Helen

Replies

• susanhaaf
    susanhaaf Posts: 1
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Good for you.....You are catching it early....i just bought the vivio fit i am also 5'5" but i have a 140.00 to lose mine crept up when i turned 40 quit smoking and quit softball, it got really bad for me.found my self at 54 with 140 to lose. down 2 in 4 days just starting my journy. Sue
  • helmcd
    helmcd Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    We just need to take it one day at a time. My biggest challenge is always going too hard-core with stuff and then quitting completely as soon as I slip up. I've already have a few bad eating days, but I'm trying not to beat myself up about those moments this time around. Just get back up on the horse and keep going!!

I find the best strategy for me is to save calories for supper. Tiny breakfast, tiny lunch, plus all the walking, saves me usually over 800 calories to have for dinner. I can't stand having a tiny supper so this has been working for me :)
  • Julieb56
    Options
    Good for the .90 weight loss. I have under 15 pounds to reach my goal. So far this year I have lost 20 and four inches off of my hips. It feels good!
  • fitsporation96
    Options
    Hello here if you want to add me, I log everyday.
  • fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want. Am 5 3 currently weigh 138. Want to get to 122-124. Hoping to lose slowly at 1/2lb to a lb a week.
  • achudler
    Options
    I'm 5'2'' and trying to get down to around 115-120 from 128. I'm very in shape and I've been eating pretty healthy for a couple years, but I finally gave in and started counting calories recently when I realized eating healthy foods does not mean I can eat as much as I want...
  • throoper
    throoper Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I'm 5'5" too and started off with about 15-18 pounds to lose. I'm down 12 now (woot woot!) and working on the rest. I'll add ya :)
  • Pebbles5280
    Pebbles5280 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you for quitting smoking, that's a tough habit to break. I'm looking for friends to motivate and who will motivate me. I need to be held accountable or I just keep sabotaging myself.

I've set a 30 lb goal for myself in 6 months time. Starting today!
  • taytaylynn3
    Options
    I am also 5'5"!!!
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and ideally I'd like to lose 10 more pounds! And they aren't kidding when they say the last ten is the hardest to lose! Congrats on quitting smoking!
  • joanthemom8
    joanthemom8 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Really, good for you! I've lost both parents and a brother-in-law to smoking related illnesses! I think you look great -- the important thing is to be healthy and have healthy habits. I also love red wine! (I'm a winer!)
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and need to lose about 40 pounds. Finally getting motivated! Add me if you like. :)