Activity Tracker?????

Options
I really want to buy an activity tracker but Im not sure which kind. Any thoughts, ideals or what works best for you. Its some many out on the market.

Replies

• Jesssamesssa
    Jesssamesssa Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Do plan on using a chest strap too? I recommend the Garmin Vivifit. Its what I use daily. Every one thinks it is a watch since I keep it on the TIME setting most of the day.
  • shavon007
    shavon007 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    ok thanks I looked at that online and the fitbit.
  • EvelineUK
    EvelineUK Posts: 97
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I have a Vivofit too and love it. It synchs perfectly, it sets realistic goals according to your previous performance and you can see all the information on the watch itself without having to log in. I've had it for a few months now and wear it 24/7. I too bought it with a chest strap and use that for my fitness.

What I also like about it is that you can buy extra straps in different colours, I keep switching mine to match my outfit.
  • shireeniebeanie
    shireeniebeanie Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Love my Fitbit--it's the reason I started taking my health seriously! Their customer support is unbelievable and it syncs nicely with MFP.
  • shavon007
    Options
    Thanks eveline im gonna check it out too.
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Fitbit should be releasing new models soon! WOOT!! I have the Fitbit One and a Polar Loop which also connects to my Polar H7 bluetooth HRM. Yes! Nerd alert I so love my gadgets! :)
  • dmlover76
    dmlover76 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
  • shavon007
    Options
    Fitbit should be releasing new models soon! WOOT!! I have the Fitbit One and a Polar Loop which also connects to my Polar H7 bluetooth HRM. Yes! Nerd alert I so love my gadgets! :)

which dod you like the best
  • shavon007
    Options
    dmlover76 wrote: »

I lookd at this one too.
  • shavon007
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I still cant decide.
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I am a Polar fan! I have an older FT4 that syncs to an older HRM. I have a Polar Loop that I use for daily activity tracking and sleep tracking. I have the Polar H7 HRM with chest strap that I sync to my phone when working out since it is easier to see my heart rate. I typically prop my phone a few feet away from me on the dresser while I complete an elliptical or kettlebell workout.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I have a jawboneup24, but I've consistently had problems with it. It doesn't recognise that i really do have wifi active. It doesn't sync when it's connected, It takes forever to resync, you name it. They're pretty nice at tech support, but the last time they said they knew there were issues, but it would be a while (?) for them to address it. I've taken it off my iPhone and just use it on my iPod.

Right now, I'm on crutches and it doesn't read the steps so I have to manually enter all my activity.

I'm going to switch to an Apple watch next year.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    shavon007 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone. I still cant decide.

I have a jawbone UP...no issues, great customer support...

The actual deciding factor for me purchasing it...it's not ugly...it actually looks good like a real piece of jewellery and I have actually had people comment on how much they like it before they know it's an activity tracker.
  • UCCrista
    UCCrista Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I current use a FitBit Flex and a PEAR HRM. I truly love my Flex (it's changed my life) and I also have a FitBit Aria scale. However, I'm considering a shift to the Garmin VivoSmart. I hear lots of great things about the VivoFit, but I think the VivoSmart would be a better fit for me. I love the PEAR system, so I'll probably stick with that for a while.
  • daisyverma
    daisyverma Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    whats the difference between the FitBit and a HRM?
    I want one to log how many calories I burn during Zumba type aerobic classes
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    daisyverma wrote: »
    whats the difference between the FitBit and a HRM?
    I want one to log how many calories I burn during Zumba type aerobic classes

A fitbit is a step counter that can tell you how many steps you walked per day, plus sleeping pattern and how many floors you climbed. In other words a fancier version of a pedometer.

A HRM is used to measure your heart rate while exercising. It gives a better idea of how many calories you have burned, even better if it can measure VO2 Max. For a HRM you need a device to record it. You can either get some kind of sports watch or you can download an app to your phone (e.g. Pola Beat) for free and measure it with that. Just make sure you buy the correct heart rate monitor for the app. Polar Beat needs for instance the Polar H7 heart rate monitor strap.
    Stef.

• shavon007
    Options
    Thanks everyone so helpful. I want HRM so I can monitor my HR for calorie burn.
  • shavon007
    Options
    I have a jawboneup24, but I've consistently had problems with it. It doesn't recognise that i really do have wifi active. It doesn't sync when it's connected, It takes forever to resync, you name it. They're pretty nice at tech support, but the last time they said they knew there were issues, but it would be a while (?) for them to address it. I've taken it off my iPhone and just use it on my iPod.

Right now, I'm on crutches and it doesn't read the steps so I have to manually enter all my activity.

I'm going to switch to an Apple watch next year.

Apple watch sounds cool

• shavon007
    Options
    UCCrista wrote: »
    I current use a FitBit Flex and a PEAR HRM. I truly love my Flex (it's changed my life) and I also have a FitBit Aria scale. However, I'm considering a shift to the Garmin VivoSmart. I hear lots of great things about the VivoFit, but I think the VivoSmart would be a better fit for me. I love the PEAR system, so I'll probably stick with that for a while.

gonna check the PEAR system out
  • Cwyman1
    Cwyman1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Look at the Garmin Vivosmart too. It has a few smart watch features that sold me on it (notification alerts, audio controls, etc...) and works great with a HRM. I have one paired with a Wahoo HRM.