30 Day Shred

Options
Anyone actually use this and get good results?

Replies

• Pickles175
    Pickles175 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    It definitely works if you stick with it! I did it in the Spring and saw reduction in inches across my body. I am actually doing it again, day 3 today. It's killer, but it's a great workout in a short time period.
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I used it as an add- on to cardio like jogging and elliptical for two months. I did the DVD for around 5 days per week. I didn't see results like shredded muscles as I had too much fat covering them. What I did find was my cardiovascular fitness really improved. My 5k time got quicker. I think if you rely on the 30ds alone you probably won't see huge results- there is a diet to go with it but I just used MFP for the period.
  • danirosevoelkel
    danirosevoelkel Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Had great results. Did each level 15 days, until I was ready to move on. I just had a little to lose and was mostly trying to tone things up. I am back on level one, starting it up again but only twice a week as I'm running now as well. Do it, it's amazing. I will never forget L1D7 when I smoked the whole routine and thought, wow.. I really am getting stronger!
  • claraemerton
    claraemerton Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Im trying to lose 20 lbs max and sometimes I just cant make it to the gym as I have 2 kids and I cannot lose this excess belly fat!
  • jvs125
    jvs125 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I used it to get back to exercise after my second c-section and loved it. As far as results, it's hard to say since I started 6 weeks after having my baby and at the end, I was within 10 pounds of my goal weight. Was it the Shred or just the natural course of things? I don't know.

But I enjoyed it. It was fun, it was short and effective. These days, I just started it again 3times per week as an add-on to at-home spinning 3x per week as well. On my Shred days, I also do a 15 minutes pilates routine either right after or at another time in the day depending on what kind of time my children give me! :)

I try to workout before everyone is up, as I don't have time to go to the gym either right now, not with two babies.

• charlottelea
    charlottelea Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Shredding at the moment - just did day 16 (day 6 level 2) and seeing a difference! Didn't take any measurements initially but have lost 2lbs and toned a lot. I'm 9.5 months post partum and have lost 22lbs since 2 weeks post birth (lost 23lbs in the first 2 weeks - prob water weight). I'd stalled big time but am feeling that my body is going back to (semi) normal.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I loved it! It was the first thing I ever really committed to. Lost about 5 lbs, and a WHOLE BUNCH of inches! I think it is on youtube. Follow it on there, and see if you enjoy it. At the start, I could do 4-5 real pushups. By the end, I was doing 10-12. I loved seeing my strength increase.
  • Pebbles5280
    Pebbles5280 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I like it alot. I used it last year and although never saw a decrease in weight, it helped tone my arms and abs. I stopped over the summer and moved my workouts outdoors. With the weather turning colder and the time change, I won't be able to walk as much so I'll be doing this workout again.
  • Mariachicat
    Mariachicat Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Any Jillian Michaels circuit training workout is pretty solid. She's great!
  • StarryG
    StarryG Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian's workouts! I have 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30, amongst others. Even though I am very, very well padded, I still saw results after finishing the Shred. :)

Question, though, how do you all enter it into your exercise diary? Cardio, weights?
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    yes! Love the 30DS! It is my go-to workout video. Just stick with it and you will see results and increased endurance, which will lead to you wanting to push yourself further. Today I did Level 1 & 2 back to back for a great quick workout.
    JM's got a lot of great videos. Good luck!