100lbs or more to lose

Options
Ive been off and on this diet thing for few years now and this time around is the first time Ive truly been consistant, dedicated and aware of how I used to sobatage myself in the past by having excuses for why I would cheat on my diet. Its only been 10 days that I have been watching calories and such after almost a year off. This is the first time I have felt no desire to cheat (when I usually am looking for ways out by the 2nd or 3rd day).

I dont have any real life friends who will join this site with me and Id love to have some friends on here who have just as much or more weight to lose as myself. Id love to get ideas from friends on here and see what they are eating to stay in range to get ideas to help shake up the same ol day after day boring food Im eating.

If you would like to share ideas food wise and maybe some motivation please add me.

Replies

• thatsyum
    thatsyum Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Congratulations for being ready. It is amazing when we are ready how things happen differently. Not looking for a way to cheat says you are ready. What helps me is logging my food and moving not so much exercising, although I do enjoy strength training and have found videos that are only 5,7 or 10 minutes that are effective. I also do not say "I can't have that" I have some and sometimes all of that. ;) If you allow yourself to eat most things you should not get bored with your food. I would also suggest removing the word "diet" for your vocabulary and start thinking about it as a life change something you will maintain after weight loss.

Apologies for being so winded but I understand the journey. If you fall get back up the only failure is not getting up. Luck!!
  • sweetgamerchick4life
    Options
    I added you
  • SarahJohnson1234
    SarahJohnson1234 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I bought a food diary to help me log foods. I've tried a few diaries and found an easy one to use 'food diary and exercise log by dr Joseph Reece'. The calorie counting diaries was a bit tricky to work out when being out and about so I used this one to quickly log foods. It has motivational quotes at the top of each page which is fun and keeps you going But everyone has different uses :)

I find it helps me keep ontop of foods and I highlight junk food so I can flick through to see what I have eaten that's bad. The less highlighter I see, the better :)

Good luck!!!!
  • nursiekins34
    nursiekins34 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I sent you a messaged and added you
  • Panadda1
    Panadda1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I was pretty much in the same boat as you, but once I found this site and found that it was so user friendly I haven't had any desire to cheat. I agree with Thatsyum. You need to take the word diet out of the vocabulary. Diet is a four letter word that should be never uttered. LOL. MFP has helped me so much regarding learning to count calories and calories burned regarding what exercises you do. Every once in a while I do get cravings for the junk food ie. donuts, pizza, ect. I learned you can eat those things but but in moderation (know the calorie count going in versus the calories burned.) If I eat those , it's extra time[ I have to spen at the gym. So far it's been working for me. I've been doing this since 9/2/14 and am down 17lbs and I have been a "fluffy" woman since childhood. Best of luck to you. I'll be rooting you on.
  • saberleigh
    saberleigh Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you all it feels good to have people who understand.
  • jennyhoon
    jennyhoon Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! You can do it! I was in this MFP since last year,this is my 3rd acct. Thanks to this MFP, I had lost from 245lbs to 188lbs. Together we can be fit and healthy. Add me if you want for advices, I will try my best to help you out