What do you typically eat in 1 day? + TIPS FROM U

Options
I need help getting ideas on what a meal should look like. I am trying to lose weight (duh) but Like what hours should I eat?
I wake up at 7:30am, I am a server, I go to zumba and try to do some weights at home.
What tips can you give me? My birthday is FEB 2! Ill be 25 and want to look my best!
HELP

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I'll use today's meal plan as an example:
    Breakfast: 8 ounces of grapes
    Lunch: Spring mix salad with feta, cherry tomatoes, olives, and croutons with balsamic vinagrette, and 4 ounces of homemade chicken salad. Also had two fun sized York Peppermint Patty candies.
    Dinner: Will be 2 ounces of linguine, 2 ounces of homemade 93% hamburger, cherry tomatoes, tomato sauce, and parmesan.

I've also had one snack: multigrain tortilla chips with 4 tablespoons of salsa weighed out.

Basically, I build meals around my calorie goal, activity level for the day, and how hungry I am. I'll map out a basic plan, and tweak it as I go. I find it's really helpful for making decisions on the go, and letting me know if I can fit in a treat or something I really want.

Edit: Hours wise, doesn't matter! Eat when you're hungry. Calories can't tell time, and eating early or late will have no negative impact on your ability to lose. All that matters is a deficit is being maintained over time. I like to keep one for the full week, and not worry about being over/under some days on my daily deficit.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: always some Greek yogurt. Either with a breakfast bowl I get at work, cereal, or scrambled eggs/turkey sausage
    Lunch: lemon pepper tuna with a bit of mayo on a Ciabatta roll with either broccoli or baby carrots on the side, salad, or occasionally a turkey sandwich
    Snack (on the days I don't work/need more to eat): an apple or some string cheese
    Dinner: varies always. I still eat pizza and fast food at least once a week, but I'm trying to make the remainder of the meals be from scratch

And depending on what's left over, either ice cream or some dark chocolate for dessert!
  • pplastics
    pplastics Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I typically eat about every 2-3 hours, depending on my hunger level. Breakfast and lunch I try to keep under 300 calories, 2 snacks around 150-200 each, and dinner whatever is left over 500 to 600.

Typical day is Breakast: smoothie of some sort; Lunch: lean protein and salad/veggies (usually leftovers from dinner....always make extra!!); Dinner: lean protein and 2 servings veggies/salad; Snacks: greek yogurt, apple, pistachios, almonds, string cheese, grapes.

A few nights a week with dinner or lunch I will have some time of pasta and/or bread, as long as it fits in my calorie goals. Don't get me wrong, I am not simple carb averse...I eat croutons on my salad each and every time!! (A salad is not a salad without them!!) I just find it easier to meet my calorie goal and not feel hungry when I focus the bulk of my calories on lean proteins, veggies and fruit.
  • tracymayo1
    tracymayo1 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    My Diary is open, you are welcome to look at it.
    I tend to eat the same thing for breakfast in a week - depending what I bought.
    - Lunch is usually left overs from the night before, although I made my own stock and soups so have been eating that for lunches, and dinner sometimes.
    - Chili is what my BF made... served a couple meals.

I dont eat at set times on purpose, but I have my brekkie at work between 8:30 - 9 AM. Lunch at 1PM (weekdays) and Dinner around 7 PM (weekdays) Weekends, well I eat when I am hungry.

Times you eat are irrelevant. Eat when you want to.
  • trungalung
    Options
    My TDEE is at 3111 cal so my typical daily intake ranges from 2200 - 2800 depending on the day and activity (I eat more on lift days for example). I try not to go below 2k because I'm afraid of losing LBM. Seems like I eat a lot but I am a very active person outside of my sedentary computer job (lift heavy 4 days a week. On rest days it would be playing basketball, swimming, or doing plyometric/basketball drills).

This is my food for today (upper body day):

Breakfast: Smoothie with banana, low fat milk, strawberry, and one scoop of whey protein. ~500 calorie rounding up.
    Lunch: steak with broccoli and a bread roll. ~1200 calorie rounding up.
    Pre-workout/Dinner: double double burger. ~700 calorie rounding up.
    Post-workout: 2 scoops of whey protein with water. ~260 calorie.
    Total: ~2660 calorie. Probably less since I round up.

I have been losing 1-1.5 lb and 0.5% BF per week eating like this.

My advice? Eat something whether it's a full meal or a protein bar about an hour to two before you work out. It helps me tremendously because I feel lethargic if I'm hungry.
  • Pau2290
    Pau2290 Posts: 11
    Options
    I'll use today's meal plan as an example:
    Breakfast: 8 ounces of grapes
    Lunch: Spring mix salad with feta, cherry tomatoes, olives, and croutons with balsamic vinagrette, and 4 ounces of homemade chicken salad. Also had two fun sized York Peppermint Patty candies.
    Dinner: Will be 2 ounces of linguine, 2 ounces of homemade 93% hamburger, cherry tomatoes, tomato sauce, and parmesan.

I've also had one snack: multigrain tortilla chips with 4 tablespoons of salsa weighed out.

Basically, I build meals around my calorie goal, activity level for the day, and how hungry I am. I'll map out a basic plan, and tweak it as I go. I find it's really helpful for making decisions on the go, and letting me know if I can fit in a treat or something I really want.

Edit: Hours wise, doesn't matter! Eat when you're hungry. Calories can't tell time, and eating early or late will have no negative impact on your ability to lose. All that matters is a deficit is being maintained over time. I like to keep one for the full week, and not worry about being over/under some days on my daily deficit.

Thank you so much! =]
  • maybebaby34
    maybebaby34 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    My diary is open. Take a peek! :)
  • Pau2290
    Pau2290 Posts: 11
    Options
    trungalung wrote: »
    My TDEE is at 3111 cal so my typical daily intake ranges from 2200 - 2800 depending on the day and activity (I eat more on lift days for example). I try not to go below 2k because I'm afraid of losing LBM. Seems like I eat a lot but I am a very active person outside of my sedentary computer job (lift heavy 4 days a week. On rest days it would be playing basketball, swimming, or doing plyometric/basketball drills).

Breakfast: Smoothie with banana, low fat milk, strawberry, and one scoop of whey protein. ~500 calorie rounding up.

My advice? Eat something whether it's a full meal or a protein bar about an hour to two before you work out. It helps me tremendously because I feel lethargic if I'm hungry.

well like today for breakfst I had a herbalife shake with a kiwi at 9am

12pm I had some greek yogurt with chia seeds and strawberries

2 pm after workout I had some grilled chicken with salad as a dressing I use tapatio sauce and lime, with a sweet potato

4pm is when I start work so I plan on eating maybe some grapes

6-8 another herbalife shake
    how does that look?
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    nadiabear1 wrote: »
    Well on weekdays I don't eat until 5pm which is a apple then I eat 2 hours later which is Broccoli And poached egg and I have coffee whenever I want. On weekend I eat whatever I want but don't go too overboard and I feel so good eating this way but I'm only 5 ft 0 so depending on your height you would probably have to eat more xx

OP...don't do this way. Not enough calories, especially with your workouts.
  • LazyFoodie
    LazyFoodie Posts: 217 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    For breakfast I ate two hardboiled eggs broken up with some soy sauce drizzled on top (common breakfast item or snack for me), a slice of bread toasted with half a slice of cheese on top. This is to power my workout, if I was not working out in the morning I would skip breakfast or just eat the eggs depending on if I was hungry or not.

For snacks I ate 20 almonds and a cup of plain greek yogurt when I got hungry throughout the day. I didn't eat a lunch.

For dinner, I'm planning on asparagus and a big portion of oven "fried" catfish. Not sure of exactly how much catfish I have to prepare or want to eat yet so depending on the calories I have left over, I may have some fruit, cheese, and/or some bite size candy as after dinner/TV snacks.

• one9reasons
    Options
    OP ... your question is kinda vague. I didn't read anywhere what your goals were/are. Depending on the goals, the menu for a 'daily' regimen can differ from one person to another.

For myself, I am on a calorie-deficit menu, with a macronutrient percentage breakdown of 55/25/20 (Protein/Fat/Carb). Here is an example of a "non-loading" day menu.

My target macro's are 1950cal / 97g carbs /65g fats / 244g proteins
    MFP calculates my actuals at 1202cal / 66g carbs / 29g fats / 174g proteins

(I never realized how difficult it is to get protein numbers up)

Breakfast
    Beverly International - UMP Protein Powder (Vanilla), 1 scoop with 8oz water
    Hard Boiled - Egg (Whites), 2 egg
    Danon - Light & Fit Greek Yogurt (Blueberry), 1 Container

Snack 1
    Simply Balanced - Cranberry Oat Multigrain Crisps, 9 crisps

Lunch
    Earthbound Farm Organic - Spring Mix, 6 oz (2 C.)
    Newman's Own - Balsamic Vinaigrette, 2 Tbsp (30g)
    Protein - Grilled Sirloin Steak, 4.6 ounces
    Hard Boiled - Egg (Whites), 1 egg

Snack 2
    Hard Boiled - Egg (Whites), 2 egg
    Danon - Light & Fit Greek Yogurt (Blueberry), 1 Container

Dinner
    Foster Farms - Chicken Breast (Individual Wrapped), Skinless, Grilled, 4 oz
    Generic - Grilled Brocolli, 4 oz (112 g)

Snack 3
    Beverly International - UMP Protein Powder (Vanilla), 2 scoop w/ water

Either way, good luck !!
  • debdola
    debdola Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have a hard boiled egg and a cinnamon bagel thin most mornings with spray butter or light cream cheese.

Then for lunch I will have sometimes a veggie burger with sharp cheddar cheese on a multi-grain thin, with a slice of tomato and some jarred red pepper so delicious!

Then for supper some kind of meat usually chicken, chicken tenders, chicken breast and a vegetable like broccoli or green beans. Or Fish or I do Eggplant Parm. Sometimes add in some sweet potato fries that you bake in oven.

Then for desert I love the weight watchers raspberry ice cream bars I'll have one of those I'm good to go! Snacks are mostly homemade microwave popcorn with spray butter sometimes regular butter a little though. Orange or Banana. Plus I found these low calorie snack bars by Kellogg like chocolate and pretzel and rice crispy treat combined. They are good for a quick sweet fix only 90 calories.
    :Dce52n95ntwcg.jpg
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Two scrambled eggs, slice of bread, bacon.

Morning Snack: Banana

Lunch: 4 oz meat, starch (typically baked potato, sweet potato, or brown rice), and veggies (If my stomach can handle it…. I have Crohn's disease)

Afternoon Snack: Protein bar, carrots with hummus, gluten free pretzels, or rice cakes

Dinner: 4 oz meat, starch, and veggies

Night Snack: Varies
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast. I don't eat before 1pm or so. I have black coffee most days.

For lunch I usually have oatmeal with a banana and hot tea. Sometimes I'll bring the previous days leftovers to work, but it's never a lot of food (usually 100-200 calories)

I work out after work (usually running 3-5 miles)

When I get home between the hours of 6-9 PM I usually have popcorn, a sandwich (turkey or salami sometimes just a veggie and hummus wrap) Sometimes I snack on chips and salsa, sometimes I grill pork and brussels sprouts with baked potato. I also love tuna fish sandwiches, poached eggs with tortillas and black beans, avocado and tomato. I rarely eat salad, but if I do it's a cobb salad with bacon bits and eggs in it.

Occasionally I'll have a glass of whiskey neat or a beer with dinner.

I try to stay under 1600 calories a day, and I usually hit it or stay right under.
  • annangelich
    annangelich Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    My typical day consists of
    Breakfast: 1/2 of a whole wheat English muffin with either butter or laughing cow spreadable cheese or 1/2 cup of cottage cheese.
    Lunch: Usually a salad (kale, arugula, spinach, grape tomatoes, newman's own light raspberry and walnut dressing, with leftover meat from the night before chopped on top and or chopped cashews). Or a baked salmon filet with a green veggie over brown rice with a drizzle of lemon.
    Dinner: Varies ...tonight we are having tri tip, baked potatoes and steamed veggies
    Last night it was whole wheat pasta with ground turkey spaghetti and Caesar salad.
    Before that was pork carnitas in a burrito bowl fashion (shredded lettuce, black beans, cilantro lime rice, diced tomatoes, and the meat) delicious and filling.
    As far as tips go, I try to make a better/healthier decision that isn't out of my way to prepare and I can still enjoy the same thing everyone else is having for dinner. For instance tonight I am making my family their favorite heart attack potatoes and I am sticking with a plain baked potato.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    I don't know about everyone else but I like to eat the meals that I like and fit my targets. Not random people on the internet.
  • trungalung
    Options
    Pau2290 wrote: »
    trungalung wrote: »

well like today for breakfst I had a herbalife shake with a kiwi at 9am

12pm I had some greek yogurt with chia seeds and strawberries

2 pm after workout I had some grilled chicken with salad as a dressing I use tapatio sauce and lime, with a sweet potato

4pm is when I start work so I plan on eating maybe some grapes

6-8 another herbalife shake
    how does that look?

I'm not entirely sure since I don't know your weight, height, age, and your TDEE/BMR, but it looks okay.

As long as it fits your daily calorie budget and you don't have a constant hunger, it will be fine.
  • Makterbro
    Makterbro Posts: 101 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    6:30-12pm:Breakfast
    Turkey-Sausage English Muffin
    Popcorn
    Strawberries
    12pm-3pm: Snack
    Watermelon
    3pm-5pm: Lunch
    Grilled Chicken
    Broccoli
    6:30pm-9:30pm Dinner
    Roast beef sandwich
    Popcorn
    Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding
    Strawberries

My schedule of when I eat varies because of work and school.