New forums member and wondering about recent chronic headaches

eugenedagawd
eugenedagawd Posts: 1
edited October 2014 in Introduce Yourself
Hey Guys, first time using the community message board, but have been using MyFitnessPal for a couple months now. So for the last month or so, I have been experiencing chronic headaches on both temples of my head, usually in the afternoons to night. It's not like a migraine or anything but it is still very annoying, especially when I am trying to study. Do you guys think its a result of my low-carb diet or low calorie intake? I have been eating pretty healthily, in my opinion. I generally try to avoid eating grains and processed foods, but I do give in to my sweet tooth.
Edit: Also, I always try to drink a lot of water.

Replies

• architeuthis
    architeuthis Posts: 2 Member
    This is purely anecdotal, but on days when I study and have a low carb intake I have horrendous headaches. I'm also not sure if it's low carb, low calorie or something unrelated. I just know that the headache seems to disappear if I eat something with carbs, protein and fat - grilled cheese on toast seems to sort me out.
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    ThePhoenixIsRising Posts: 781 Member
    Your carbs aren't that low, not once in the past 4days did I see them under 100g.

For chronic anything your first stop should be actual medical advice, you know, from a Dr.!!!