Shy and Nervous, Would Love Friends

Options
I've used MFP off and on over the last few years to track calories, but I never really wanted to make a major change, and progress never stuck. I tend to either get rigidly obsessed with calories and workouts, or I immediately take the lazy, easy path to nowhere. I just really want my efforts to stick this time. I've never really connected with the community here on MFP, and I wonder if that has been part of the problem. In that vein, I'm looking for friends and mentors to encourage me and gently keep me accountable. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Replies

• redfisher1974
    redfisher1974 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    You can add me, I'm new but I find its working great! Good luck!
  • lesliewb51
    Options
    I can be prodding, but gentle. Most of all I can be supportive. If you would like that kind of help along the way, by all means add me. :)
  • spaciireth
    Options
    Your post could have been written by me. I'm only just starting with the adding friends and hanging out in the forums and such. I'm going to add you, if you don't mind. :)
  • Linovitz
    Linovitz Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Small changes and work them in to your daily routine. Good luck! Feel free to friend me too
  • shfoster0721
    shfoster0721 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I have lost 110 pounds since January. It is definitely a lifestyle change. It was for me. What really helped was having an amazing support system with my wife and friends. I was taking meds for high blood pressure, hypertension, cholesterol, and was prediabetic. Now I am off all the meds and still going on my transformation. Feel free to add me if you need advice, motivation, support, or would like to hear more about my journey. I am looking to pay it forward and inspire others to reach their goals.
  • jarenrogers
    jarenrogers Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    No excuses. You can do this! Feel free to add me as well.
  • thinkpositive92
    thinkpositive92 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Added!
  • iamuniqueiam
    iamuniqueiam Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm always happy to add new friends. I do ask that people include a short message with the friend request or I automatically decline.

56071715.png
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me :)
  • eshanig1
    Options
    Hi im shy too and new here. Looking to be more involved in the community. Feel free to add me too. :smile:
  • mgcarrillo
    mgcarrillo Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    spaciireth wrote: »
    Your post could have been written by me. I'm only just starting with the adding friends and hanging out in the forums and such. I'm going to add you, if you don't mind. :)
    Yay! Thanks so much :smile:
  • giorgiodh
    giorgiodh Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Please add me as well! I am in the same situation as you described in your post. It's the first time that I connected with a group. I am truly looking for long-term success. I will add you too - I need all the support and encouragement that I can get.
  • mgcarrillo
    Options
    You can add me. I have lost 110 pounds since January. It is definitely a lifestyle change. It was for me. What really helped was having an amazing support system with my wife and friends. I was taking meds for high blood pressure, hypertension, cholesterol, and was prediabetic. Now I am off all the meds and still going on my transformation. Feel free to add me if you need advice, motivation, support, or would like to hear more about my journey. I am looking to pay it forward and inspire others to reach their goals.

Wow, congrats! Thanks for responding :smile: I will definitely add you.
  • ssaleh100
    Options
    Just added you, plus we all got daily stresses which doesn't help so if you can manage to find a way alleviate the stress in your life ( yoga!) it will start to make a difference plus then exercise will start to work. its this whole thing i've been reading about for my psych class on how stress hormones affects our body. alright lol i'm done
  • mgcarrillo
    Options
    Wow, I didn't realize just how nice and helpful this community was; I should have done this a long time ago. Thanks everybody for the responses and kind words :smiley:
  • Kaken21
    Kaken21 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me as well. Having friends on here that are encouraging is a huge help!
  • v_cowley
    v_cowley Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am in exactly the same boat as you! Add me :) think we could support each other.
  • Keprap1
    Options
    I could use from friends. I just joined the site. Losing weight has been a constant battle with me and now I am at the point of no return. I am so short too... So any lil thing i eat is so visable. I wanna change ... I know I say this all the time but... I wanna try again. I just love food so much. I am addicted to food. Food is an absolute source of pleasure and happiness and I honestly can't contol myself. Or I can control it for a month and I'm back to my old ways. Sometimes it's one piece of pizza that triggers something in my brain... :neutral_face:
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Good Luck on your journey

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]29509743.png[/url]
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I'm trying this thing where I log exercise but not calories this time around, which means I'm only on 1-4 times a week usually, but I try and give encouragements when I am. This is for me not to get too obsessed this time around, as every other time I've attempted weight loss I start to seriously obsess/focus on calories and calorie counting. I know quite a bit about nutrition and exercise though, so I'm a pretty important asset ;)

Anyone's free to add me, always looking for more, active friends.