looking for friends, support, and motivation

Options
My name is Cortney, I am a 24 year old female who works full time and goes to school part time for her masters degree in social work. Previously I used my fitness pal and lost a total of 65 lbs! Unfortunately to say I got comfortable fell off track and have gained 25 lbs back. I went from 283 down to 217 and I am back to 250. When I began losing weight back almost 3 years ago I was a full time college student, worked part time, and took care of my mom who has cancer. My life was hectic to say the least but somehow I managed to lose the weight then and I thank it all for mfp. Recently I started working full time in a high-stress job I found myself stress eating constantly at work. I started an amazing relationship around the same time and became extremly comfortable and began horrible eating habits because unlike me he is skinny and seems to be able to eat anything he wants. Also, few weeks ago I found out my sister has some auto immune disorders, and I myself have been experience severe fatigue and migraines so I have begun my trials of testing. In the mean time last monday my docter suggested gluten free diet and adding vitamin d and greens supplement to my diet I have done so since then with modorate compliance. I am writing to whomever will read that I need friends, support, and motivation. With my fatigue I find it hard to find motivation to get to the gym. And I try my hardest not to binge eating but its been happening. I am incredibly unhappy I let my body get this bad and gain that much weight back and really am asking for help to get back on track. Any support would be appreciated.
thank you

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Without knowing anything about your medical issues, I'm going to suggest that hitting the gym helps most people feel more energized (after the initial "oh my god" feelings, anyway). Good luck!
  • spanorchid
    Options
    A trick I use when I'm overwhelmed is to acknowledge each thought and then put in a box and then put tye box away (sometimes I even imagine burning it). I know it sounds weird but sometimes acknowledging and then dismissing the thoughts gives me power over the negativity; instead of trying to pretend that I'm either A) not having those thoughts or B) that I'm somehow failing because I am.