Anybody Gluten Free??

Options
justinitsul
justinitsul Posts: 1,018 Member
Just considering going the Gluten Free route. Anything would be great!

Replies

• lookin4gains
    lookin4gains Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    I've recently started a paleo based diet and my energy level has been great lately. Gluten is tough to give up though. I crave bread all the time. Lol
  • DenDweller
    DenDweller Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I'm Gluten Free, or not. Do they have non-destructive testing to determine this? Because, I really don't want to be destructed.

And, are cannibals really that concerned about gluten?
  • carlcopley
    Options
    On a plant-based paleo diet myself (I think our ancestors were far more gatherers than they were hunters, IMO). Bulk of my foods are from plants, mushrooms, eggs, and white meat (I will only rarely eat red meat from wild game like venison).

No gluten, dairy, soy, beans, legumes, and I never really got into seeds, peanuts, and nuts. I'm not allergic, just never really liked them.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Almost. Just limiting things i noti e that result in tummy aches or bloat. So far bread tortillas eggs.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I'm gluten free due to an intolerance to it. Unless you think you have a medical reason to avoid gluten, I don't see any benefit to avoiding it. Certainly means giving up a lot of yummy food. :'(
  • EngineerPrincess
    EngineerPrincess Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Don't be gluten free unless you're allergic to wheat. I am, it sucks, I wouldn't suggest being gluten free to anyone unless you could potentially die from eating wheat lol. Bread is love. On the other hand, cutting out some carbs here and there isn't going to do *bad* things for your weight loss.
  • uaedubai
    Options
    I have a severe intolerance to wheat/grains and have been gluten/grain free for over 5 years. I don't crave wheat, nor did I find it hard to give up ( I guess that would be because I know the side effects that it does to my body). I also follow Paleo/Keto and find that my energy level is sky high, I feel great and have no problems finding things to eat.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I found that I didn't have to go "gluten free" in order to reap the benefits of avoiding obvious sources of wheat. I DON'T HAVE celiacs and my body does not react to trace amounts of gluten. I do however have a number of autoimmune issues that were either sent into remission or greatly reduced when I eliminated obvious sources of wheat from my diet.