Fatty fat fat?

Options
I really like eating tahini, virgin olive oil, raw nuts an avocado which are apparently healthy, but I always go over my fat each day. I am keeping to 1200 calories.

Do you guys think I should cut down or not worry about it? I like how these fats make me full and regulate my blood sugars.

Replies

• QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    In general I aim to hit my protein macro first, then my fat, but my fat is pretty much always over. As long as you're hitting calorie targets and generally hitting your protein goals, fill up on the fats if you want, especially if you're getting them from a variety of foods.
  • hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    mmmm delicious yummy healthy filling fats. Your collection sounds fine to me.

ETA: my comment assumed those things take up just a portion of your 1200, if you are eating 1200 calories of those things and only that then yes, you should worry about it.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about going over my fats, as you said they make you feel full. I also find my hair gets brittle and my skin gets dry if I try to low fat too much.
  • kittycatty22
    Options
    Awesome. Thanks guys. I am trying to get to protein goals but I am a vegetarian and it can be tough. I am getting about 45 grams a day and most protein I get is from pea protein powder, eggs and tofu. I will try to think of new foods that might help.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Thanks guys. I am trying to get to protein goals but I am a vegetarian and it can be tough. I am getting about 45 grams a day and most protein I get is from pea protein powder, eggs and tofu. I will try to think of new foods that might help.

Veggie burgers
    Spinach
    Broccoli
    Nuts
    Seeds
    Nut butter
    Hemp protein powder
    Quinoa
    Buckwheat
    Chia seeds
    Flax seeds
    Legumes
    Ezekiel bread
    Seitan
    Spirulina
    Hummus
  • kittycatty22
    kittycatty22 Posts: 8
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Cool! I eat most of those (and lots of greens) but I have never had Ezekiel bread. Sounds great.