I enjoy a good drink on occasion....

Options
4jenniferk
4jenniferk Posts: 307 Member
What girl doesn't enjoy a good stiff drink to unwind on a Friday evening?

I have been a beer drinker for some time enjoying Shiner Bock and Ziegenbock so there inlies the problem.... They are loaded with calories and after three or four I'm overboard on calories for the day and Friday Nights I prefer not to work out. So, I'm looking for drink suggestions with alcohol. If you have anything good to suggest please share :happy:

If drinking isn't your thing then by all means pass up on the posting. I'm not looking to be converted to a teatotaler and I don't think it's sinful to enjoy a good drink.

Thanks!!!

Replies

• Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    My favorite mixed is Captain and Coke or a Bloody Mary on the golf course in the morning.:smile:
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    woodford reserve, sometimes neat, sometimes on the rocks...

ETA: to the OP - this is not low on calories, but in general i don't usually need to have more than one! :laugh:
  • mckant
    mckant Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to hear the answers to this! I :heart: Malibu rum. I like it straight and need to wrap my mind around the fact that I'll have to start drinking it in moderation because there are so many calories in it.
  • krixi
    krixi Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    gin & tonic w/diet tonic?
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    My new favorite is vodka with diet sprite and a splash of watermelon/strawberry Mio. :love:
  • louiseei
    louiseei Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    A glass of white wine 125ml is about 90 cals or a vodka with lime cordial and soda water is about 75 I think, very nice on a sunny evening!
  • eguillory79
    Options
    Vodka and Tonic!! My favorite drink plus it's low in calories!!
  • imsmellie
    imsmellie Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    gin and soda with a whole lotta lime squeezed in there.
  • timeforme23
    timeforme23 Posts: 461
    Options
    I stick to vodka and diet coke or rum and diet coke. Clear alcohol has the least amount of calories
  • Manda1987
    Manda1987 Posts: 207
    Options
    I'd rather cut the amount of beer I drink and enjoy it than to start drinking vodka tonics or (gasp) light beers! I just started sipping slower.
  • marnieinMB
    marnieinMB Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Vodka with water and and I add some Mio drops or crystal lite powder.
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I opt for rum and diet coke.

No I am not looking for people to tell me the evils of diet drinks and artificial sweeteners. I made the conscious choice to use them. I have been using them for years and year and guess what…..

I am still alive and well!
  • moylie
    moylie Posts: 195
    Options
    Skinnygirl Margarita.... same calories as red wine. You can make Wine Spritzers by adding club soda/seltzer to red or white wine. Also, the hard liquors are lowest in calories, so try mixing w/ club soda/seltzer and some fresh lemon/lime/orange. Some people do Vodka and Crystal Light, or Rum and Diet Coke, but I really try to stay away from the artificial sweeteners. You can always add just a tiny bit of agave nectar or stevia for natural sweetness. A friend just found Stevita in various flavors to add to water, so you could mix that w/ something, too. I've always wanted to try Beeritas (tequila, beer, lemon/limeade), but you'd have to use a lower calorie beer & mixer. Mmmmmm. Getting excited for my Friday Martini (after I run 3 miles :)
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I prefer wine or beer, though I am in the same boat as you in that I prefer good beers. I'd rather have a couple of good beers than choke down miller light all evening! I would just take that as your cheat day, eat less during the day, or make up for it the next day by working out harder (thereby making the average of the 2 days your cal limit). To lose 1 lb a week is 3500 cals, so in theory as long as you still cut that you should still lose, regardless of what day it is.
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Vodka and Tonic!! My favorite drink plus it's low in calories!!

Unless you're using diet tonic I'd really watch out... tonic has a TON of sugar...

I typically go with a glass of a dry white wine (the sweeter the wine, the more cals... obvs). Any kind of clear liquor has about 70 cals/ounce, request one with a diet mixer. There's also some good recipes on-line to make at home. I have a skinny margarita recipe that's only 100 cals for 8 ounces (and tastes like a margarita). There's also a line of "sinful margaritas" that have 5 cals/serving plus whatever tequila you put in them.
  • drasr
    drasr Posts: 181
    Options
    BudWeiser Select 55
    A pint of bear has 55 calories, so 3-4 will give you around 200 cal which is not much and easy to manage.
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Menage A Trois red wine.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Long beach Iced tea just like a long island as far as the alchohal goes but with 7 up an cranberry insted of coke
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Or you could have a F**** in a graveyard
    1/2 oz
    Vodka

1/2 oz
    Rum

1/2 oz
    Schnapps - Blueberry Schnapps

1/2 oz
    Schnapps - Apple Schnapps

1/2 oz
    Liqueur - Blue Curacao liqueur

1/2 oz
    Liqueur - Raspberry Liqueur

fill with
    Juice - Cranberry Juice

1 splash
    Juice - Orange Juice
  • 4jenniferk
    4jenniferk Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Love the suggestions everyone.... thanks I'll keep checking back but the concensus seems to be a hard liquor with something diet.

I do have to agree sometimes a Good beer just can't be beat!