Hi Everyone

Options
New to the app / site - when i downloaded for the iphone i didnt actually know there was a community to it so here goes --- Hello

Im Male, 32 6ft weight approx 200 lbs or 14.4 stone, and my target is 175 lbs or 12.5 stone. Live in Leamington and sit at a desk all day at work.

play loads of football, go gym on average 3 times a week but my biggest vice is eating junk - mainly as a quick fix because im rushing so i snack, any tips to aviod this, or healthy snacks would be appreciated, this week i bough oat cakes and cottage cheese, jar of beetroot and so far its kept me away from the buscuits / crisps etc

Feel free to add

Cheers

Replies

• DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This is a great site to keep you on track. Good luck!
  • T0M0
    T0M0 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome matey.

This site works if your true to yourself.

Ps. I know thus chap everyone so add him and give him some support.

Good luck Hando
  • jebfab2612
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This is a great site. Friend me if you want the support :)
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Roasted Chick Peas:
    1 pound dried chickpeas
    1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
    1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
    Directions
    Place the chickpeas in a medium bowl and cover with 2 inches of water. Soak overnight.

Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Drain the chickpeas, return to the mixing bowl, and set aside. Place 1/4 cup vinegar, mustard, and 1 teaspoon salt into a small lidded container and shake vigorously to combine. Add the olive oil and shake to combine. Pour the dressing over the chickpeas and toss to combine. Spread the chickpeas on a half sheet pan and roast until the chickpeas are deep golden brown and crunchy, tossing every 15 minutes, for 60 to 65 minutes. Remove from the oven, return to the mixing bowl, add the remaining vinegar and salt, and toss to combine. Transfer back to the sheet pan and spread out to cool completely before serving as a snack.

see link at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/roasted-chickpeas-recipe/index.html

They are even better when you throw fresh herbs into the mix like basi, thyme or rosemary