Estimated time to loose 5 kilos?

Options
Hi every one!

Just wanted to know how long it took people to loose 5 kilos on the recommended 1200 cal a day?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    10lbs at 1lb a week is 10 weeks.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Alexandriaz33
    Options
    EDIT: I worded the question poorly. I understand what is a good rate to loose per week I was just curious as to everyone individually. Seeing as everyones different, and weight loss does not always go to plan. I want to know how long it took YOU guys :)
  • yossale3
    yossale3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    just lost my first 5 kilos. took me 25 days and 1800 calories aday or more if i exercised.
  • Alexandriaz33
    Options
    Wow! 5kg in 25 days, thats great congratulations!
  • drewmmm
    drewmmm Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Somewhere in the middle of my weight loss, I lost 5 kg in 5 weeks but I was eating 1200 kcal and exercising every day. Also I was already down to 66-67 kg. Not very healthy.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    It's important to note here that it depends if those 5 kilos are at the beginning of your weight loss or the remaining 5. If they are the last 5 to lose, it takes alot more time and patience. I lost the first 5 rapidly, but am struggling with the last 5. So OP, are you asking about the initial 5 kilos or the last? The answer and advice will differ greatly. Best. :)
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I'm not eating 1200 (averaging around 1920), but I was able to lose that in about 10 weeks. Granted, I'm not looking at when I started working on my weight. I'm pretty sure it came off a bit quicker then, but currently this pace is working for me.
  • ShortMrsN
    ShortMrsN Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I average net 1400 calories and it has taken me about 5 months to lose 5kg. I am only 5' 2" tall, 37 yrs old and I only have 8-10 kg to lose so it is a bit slower to come off. I run 3-4 times a week (up to an hour) some weeks I throw in some circuit training on my non run days.
  • thinkpositive92
    thinkpositive92 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    It took me 4 weeks to lose 5kg and I was eating between 1400 - 1680 calories and I only exercised for 30 mins once a week (treadmill). Lol most of it's probably water weight or muscle mass but yeah! Not too bad I guess :) Good luck!
  • TheBoldCat
    TheBoldCat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    When I went from 81-76 kg, it took me only 2 weeks but it was also water lost. No losing 66-61 takes ages...
  • Alexandriaz33
    Alexandriaz33 Posts: 13
    edited October 2014
    Options
    It's important to note here that it depends if those 5 kilos are at the beginning of your weight loss or the remaining 5. If they are the last 5 to lose, it takes alot more time and patience. I lost the first 5 rapidly, but am struggling with the last 5. So OP, are you asking about the initial 5 kilos or the last? The answer and advice will differ greatly. Best. :)

Talking about the first 5 kgs :)
  • Alexandriaz33
    Options
    Thanks everyone, will post on how I go. I find it so interesting how different every ones bodies are!
  • tammyc226
    tammyc226 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    6 weeks and was netting around 1500 calories per day
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,067 Member
    Options
    5 months.

Probably not the answer you want to hear but there you go.

I set it at 1/2 lb week and lost a kilo a month.

Eating 1460 as it happens - but of course your allowance may be different if you are a different age,size, activity level to me. ( or gender, but I am assuming you are also female)

That was my first 5kg and also my last- I lost 10kg in 10 months.
    More to the point, have kept it off nearly a year now.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I use this calc. Hope it helps. You can forecast loss or gain with it. I find it very helpful.
    http://www.fitwatch.com/qkcalc/weight-loss-calculator.php
  • Alexandriaz33
    Options
    5 months.

Probably not the answer you want to hear but there you go.

I set it at 1/2 lb week and lost a kilo a month.

Eating 1460 as it happens - but of course your allowance may be different if you are a different age,size, activity level to me. ( or gender, but I am assuming you are also female)

That was my first 5kg and also my last- I lost 10kg in 10 months.
    More to the point, have kept it off nearly a year now.

Congratulations! It doesn't matter how long it took you, but you did it! I'm 20 years old, 64.7kgs (since last weigh in a week ago) and 162cm tall.
  • WildOkapi
    Options
    I lost my first 5 kgs in about 2 weeks at MFP's recommended 1610 cal. It really all depends on your TDEE, etc.