Commenting on forums

Options
i don't know if it is just me being a bit thick, but if i comment on something, how do i then go back to that post later to see what else was said? It used to come up on the left of my profile (usually bump!) but now it doesn't seem to and I can't find how to do it!

I am missing being able to bump some lovely recipes and be able to find them easily again later!

Replies

• loopingcaterpillar
    loopingcaterpillar Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    i also would like to know where that went!
  • plumsparkle
    plumsparkle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Oh good, Im glad it isn't just me!
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    You can bookmark a thread now (see the icon for the star), then click your bookmarks (other star) to see what you've bookmarked. I far prefer this to the dozens of "bumps" that add no value whatsoever to a discussion.
  • plumsparkle
    Options
    I was just looking at that, trying to figure out if that is what you did! (im usually on on my phone but on the mac now!) can you unbookmark them later? But thank you! And yes, I know what you mean about the bumping, but at least you could find it again! :)
  • plumsparkle
    Options
    Ooh just discovered if you go to all bookmarks you can unbookmark it! Thank you!
  • ASG_21
    ASG_21 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, that feature is gone, but at the top of threads there's a little star, where you can "bookmark" the thread. That way, you can easily find it later... Somewhere. (I haven't actually tried the feature, but it said so in the introduction to the new forums, so... Umm.. Yeah. I'm no help. Sorry! ;) )
  • peter56765
    peter56765 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    So I also have to bookmark threads I post in, or else have no way of easily finding the discussions I've taken part in earlier in the day? Yeah, not so good of a change.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    peter56765 wrote: »
    So I also have to bookmark threads I post in, or else have no way of easily finding the discussions I've taken part in earlier in the day? Yeah, not so good of a change.

If you are wanting to see if others have posted in a thread you participated in, you can go to settings to have the notifications turned on.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/profile/preferences
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I ve tried this, and all it says is I HAVE NO BOOKMARKS.....its not working on this end......wonder what happened?
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    jkal1979 wrote: »

If you are wanting to see if others have posted in a thread you participated in, you can go to settings to have the notifications turned on.

this

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    jkal1979 wrote: »

^^This is what I did. But fair warning: you'll get a ton of notifications if you post in any of the big threads.