Finally going to lose it!

Options
Hi there,
I have been trying to lose weight for what feels like my whole life.
I'm 6ft and currently weigh 266lbs.
I've always been overweight and of course I've never been happy with that but that hasn't stopped it from creeping up. And up. And up!
I feel like my mind has clicked into place now though.
So here we go. Any help would be appreciated!
Quick question: how big is a cup of water? (in ml's) I hate it (hooked on diet fizzy) but I don't want to cheat without knowing it.

Replies

• loopingcaterpillar
    loopingcaterpillar Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    a can is usually 330mls if thats any help
  • v_cowley
    v_cowley Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    a can is usually 330mls if thats any help
    Thank you, I was wondering about the water entry on MFP, it's 1 cup of water. How much is that?
  • barbz2119
    barbz2119 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi, just start logging in your food, even if you go over your allowance still log it in, eventually you will see what changes you need to make to keep your calories under what you need to be at. I have found I can eat what I want (in moderation of course), but have to pay it back with exercise if I want to keep under.
    A 'cup' measure can be different depending on where you are at - US = 240ml, UK = 284ml, Aus & NZ = 250ml. US tends to measure mostly in cups so would go with the 240ml maybe??
    Not sure where you are located, but if in the UK, have you tried the flavoured water from Sainsbury...not sure if its any healthier than diet fizzy, but I like it.
  • loopingcaterpillar
    loopingcaterpillar Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    for water i usually just count 1 cup as a regular sized glass, the sort you could pour a can into (but i dont really log water as i like to complete my entry early evening but still be free to drink more :P)
  • v_cowley
    v_cowley Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    barbz2119 wrote: »
    Hi, just start logging in your food, even if you go over your allowance still log it in, eventually you will see what changes you need to make to keep your calories under what you need to be at. I have found I can eat what I want (in moderation of course), but have to pay it back with exercise if I want to keep under.
    A 'cup' measure can be different depending on where you are at - US = 240ml, UK = 284ml, Aus & NZ = 250ml. US tends to measure mostly in cups so would go with the 240ml maybe??
    Not sure where you are located, but if in the UK, have you tried the flavoured water from Sainsbury...not sure if its any healthier than diet fizzy, but I like it.

Brilliant thank you, I'm in the UK, Ido drink the Volvic flavoured water (no added sugar) not sure if that's cheating though?!