Mornings!

Options
I'm really struggling to get up in the morning and motivate myself to get to the gym. the Gym opens at 6 and i used to go there and that time, but since coming back from holidays i just lost all motivation to go. I don't want to go after work, because is always full and once i sit down on the sofa, it's game over and i'm in for the night with the misses....

I need help to get out of bed!!! HELP!!!

Replies

• loopingcaterpillar
    loopingcaterpillar Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    go to bed in your gym kit, and move the alarm clock so you have to walk to it.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    You have to just do it. It becomes habit.
    I am 63 years old. I get up at 2:00 a.m. M-F go in to workout in the gym at work before I start my day. It is the way it has to be for me. I am already done with my exercise for the day and it is great to have it out of the way.

You can do this!
  • kjarvo
    kjarvo Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    You have to just do it. It becomes habit.
    I am 63 years old. I get up at 2:00 a.m. M-F go in to workout in the gym at work before I start my day. It is the way it has to be for me. I am already done with my exercise for the day and it is great to have it out of the way.

You can do this!

What time do you go to bed???
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Oh for goodness sake, what is going on in this world?
  • IvyLuci
    IvyLuci Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    There is no magic trick I'm afraid.

What you could do is go straight from work. Yes, it will be crowded, but you'll get a workout in, ideally it'll remind you ow good it feels to have worked out and you will have more incentive to wake up in the morning.

Personally, I would love to work out in the morning. It wakes me up, and is a nice way to start the day. I only get to do it every other week because of the work schedule, but in cases where I go in the afternoons, I go straight from work, that way I have no excuse.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Force yourself a couple times and it will get easier. Move your alarm clock as someone suggested, put your workout clothes out where you can just grab them. No one can make you go, you'll just have to decide how bad you want to go. I agree working out at night sucks, for me, if it hits 3pm it won't happen so I HAVE to get up when the alarm goes off. Make sure you're going to sleep at a reasonable time.