Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Soft, Nutritious Foods After Wisdom Teeth Extraction

I just had surgery to remove all 4 wisdom teeth today (SO much fun!) and although everyone says you can eat as much ice cream as you like... I was wondering if YOU had some good, healthier and more nutritious options of foods to eat while on a soft food/liquid diet?

Thank you :smile:

Replies

• lyrics09
    lyrics09 Posts: 217 Member
    Mashed potatoes were a good friend of mine. Yogurts. Pudding. Jello. Shakes. Soups that aren't too hot. I managed to get a salad without hard stuff in it down a few days into recovery (chew gingerly). I liked the Italian ices in the evenings to help with swelling too, since I couldn't use a straw for cold ice water.
  • PinkPupper
    PinkPupper Posts: 47 Member
    Papaya, watermelon, and my go to when I had my wisdom teeth pulled, sorbet ❤️
  • PinkPupper
    PinkPupper Posts: 47 Member
    You can turn most fruit into a smoothie. The more fruit you eat, the faster you will recover.
    Hope you begin to feel better soon ❤️
  • Papaya, watermelon, and my go to when I had my wisdom teeth pulled, sorbet ❤️

Oh I love that idea! How did you make them into sorbet?! Amazing!
  • lyrics09 wrote: »
    Mashed potatoes were a good friend of mine. Yogurts. Pudding. Jello. Shakes. Soups that aren't too hot. I managed to get a salad without hard stuff in it down a few days into recovery (chew gingerly). I liked the Italian ices in the evenings to help with swelling too, since I couldn't use a straw for cold ice water.

Thank you so much for the ideas!!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Protein cheesecake, yogurt/ricotta/cottage cheese, soft cheese, bread (not toast or crusts), mashed potatoes/carrots, protein shakes, eggs, sausage, room temperature soups (just not tomatoes), ground meat, pancakes... It took me a week to be able to be able to eat anything harder than that.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    I relied on chicken soup with lots of veggies cook really soft and cooled to luke warm. The swelling went down in about 2 or 3 days and I was able to chew a bit on softer items like bananas or well cooked meat (beef stew).
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    My dentist seriously wanted me to eat only frozen yogurt or ice cream for the first 24 hours. He said, "no pieces" in the ice cream.
    The cold helped decrease the swelling.