I feel like I look SO much bigger than other women my age, h

Options
13»

Replies

• manda1028
    manda1028 Posts: 148
    Options
    you look great.. dont go overboard stressing about your weight.. if i was you id only be working on maintaining it!
  • rosiedoes
    rosiedoes Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Lady, I'm going to be direct here: you have a body I, and many women, would love to have - and I don't purely mean those of us who are currently large and would like to be be slimmer to any degree. You are not big at all, you are perfectly proportioned. You have a perfect waist, a flat stomach and shapely hips and thighs.

Please, please don't let the current trend for being overly skinny convince you that that is what's normal or right for you. What you are now is stunning and healthy and I assure you, you have nothing to lose which would improve on that.
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    When I was at the weight I am trying to get back to now I was at the pool with my daughters. My oldest needed to use the restroom so we walked over to the building to a glass door. I saw this woman through the glass door and thought how amazing she looked. How I would love to look like that in a bikini but with my built I would never be so small and fit.

Then I realized I was looking at a reflection on myself. Seriously had no idea I looked like that until I saw myself "through someone elses eyes". I knew what size I wore and that I looked good, just never saw myself in the way I did in that reflection.

I'm almost 5'9 myself and am really trying to look like you. Although this time I hope to be more comfortable with myself and learn to maintain and not go into a tailspin if I flucuate a few pounds!

Really work on enjoying and appreciating where you were and where you are now, you earned it!
  • shawnalemons
    shawnalemons Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    The truth is you may need to talk to someone about your self confidence you look amazing your thighs don't even touch each other in the picture. You said you was heavier you still see that heavier person in the mirror but girl you honestly look so good. If you want to be more muscular do some weight training but if you like the look of soft and femine you are already there.
  • LG61820
    LG61820 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Babe, I'm in a similar situation. When I was a teen then a young wife I thought I was a fattie. When I look back at pictures of those times I don't look like a fattie, but I sure thought I was then. As time went on I started to put on weight and it just proved that I was a fattie. I saw a fattie in the mirror at size 22 I saw a fattie in the mirror when I got down to a size 4. I started to put on weight, but my reflection in the mirror stayed the same to me. I have determined to get back to a size 4, but when I look in the mirror all I see is a fattie. Size 8's are getting too big, but I can't see it.

Face it, you'll probably always see yourself as big in comparison to everyone else. If we all wore badges with our weight on them I think we'd be surprised. I was the weight monitor for our recent work weight loss challenge. There was a short one who weighed the least, but thought she was fat. There was a really tall one who weighed the most and thought she was fat. Every woman in the middle of the pack thought she was the fattest and there wasn't 20 pounds separating the weight. It was amazing to me that I didn't weigh a lot more than everyone else.

Judge your size by your clothing size or by your measurements, but not by what you see in the mirror because you suffer from "fattie vision." Love yourself!
  • MeghanHill12
    MeghanHill12 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would love to have your body......You look amazing! Don't think so negatively about yourself because a lot of women would love to look like you.
  • carro585
    carro585 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I know I'm pretty much repeating everyone else at this point, but you---absolutely truthfully--have a gorgeous figure. It feels weird describing another woman piece by piece, but seriously: thin legs and arms, flat tummy, defined hips and waist without a hint of muffin top...DAMN, girl. This is what I want to look like on the beach this summer, and I'm one of the lucky ones who have had a healthy BMI from the start.

Also want to agree with another poster that grad school is a GREAT time to get some cheap therapy. At least at my pretty typical (large, state) university, the first several initial sessions were free, followed by 10 dollars per session. Just having a space where you do nothing but talk about yourself is...well, discomforting, but also extremely helpful. Especially when you know the person you're talking to has zero expectations. Sucking it up and making an appointment was probably the best decision I made first semester. Best of luck to you!
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    i feel the same way, i'm 5'7.25 and 125 pounds and i feel so much flabbier than other people my height and weight. i look at your photos and our bodies look almost identical yet i don't think you look flabby.

self image is a nasty biotch. lol.
  • cassieday
    cassieday Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    First off, it is obvious you arent anorexic. You can see the tone in your body. There is definite toning and muscle there and that takes alot of sweat and tears so congrats!!! You are doing soooo well!

Also, being TOTALLY honest and not sugar coating, you look AMAZING. Seriously. When you start a weight loss journey its really hard to get out of the mind set that you arent good enough, you could be better, you could look like that model. But to be honest, some girls have curves. There is NOTHING wrong with that. And not only do you have awesome curves, but you have muscle and a great bikini body! From here, its the mindset and maintaining you are going to struggle with. You have to stop comparing youself to other woman! Every woman has a different body shape and bone structure. Some girls have really really small bone structures which is great for them, but you cant change what you are born with. You have to learn to love that body and see the beauty in it! Except compliments from the people around you, dont let yourself say "well i am not as skinny as ____" That will just make you go crazy! Just learn to love yourself and the body you were born with! It IS beautiful!!!! =)
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    So...what is wrong with you?
    I dont see mommy tummy, back fat, flat chest, cellulite??
    U canT compare your genetics to any 1 else.
    you look skinny
  • premiumchilenita
    premiumchilenita Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Oh my word, you are almost 5-9, you weigh 133 pounds and you have CURVES in all the right places! I think you are fantabulously lucky, and probably other women are looking at you and envying you. Maybe the curves are throwing you; you probably do have to wear different styles than someone who is built like a boy. But this is not a bad thing! Think of the styles they could never pull off that you can really wear!

If I were you, I might invest in a day with a really good clothing person who can show you what styles will flatter your curves. That might make a real difference for you.

Best wishes to you!

We all look in the mirror and see the worst bits of ourselves (I am guilty of that too) but the people around you don't see those bits. I was looking really hard to find something to critize but I think you have a problem with your body shape because it doesn't look like you have wabbly bits.
    I think a stylist is a great way to go, they will be able to tell you how to enhance your beauty and let go of the areas you aren't too proud of. Then you will realize that you actually look better than that person that was pointed out to you ;)
  • nicmacc
    nicmacc Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You look like perfection! It's hard to see it ourselves sometimes. I think we look in the mirror too much!
  • Ilovepeppers
    Ilovepeppers Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I swear this is an honest reply. You look lovely. You have such a nicely defined waist. Your face is gorgeous and I love the color of your hair and eyes. Id pay to look like you and honestly I wouldnt change a thing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!