Chicken fish and turkey. And over and over again. Need help with jazzing up my meals

Options
Been trying to go non processed foods. Which have been fine, but I'm tired of the ole thing. All of my fish and meats are baked in the oven or grilled
My veggies are broiled or grilled. Lots of 1/2 sweet potatoes, samon, chicken, and tonight I bought some boneless pork chops, for something different. Would like something's different to choose from, particulary with protiens. Have the almonds cranberries and cashews I know there good, along with avacodos. Been eating two eggs with one slice if Wegmens marathon bread. I know cheese is good too.
Sometimes I wish I could just throw them all together and that way I'd be getting something different, lol.
Not looking for anything complicated, but different. Open to any ideas. Not good with Greek yogurt, or cottage cheese. Thanks again, please help me jazz up my foods!

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Check skinnytaste for recipes. I'm making the chicken cordon bleu tonight probably. Easy and delicious.

A few other things I eat... turkey breast (we bought a frozen breast this week end and it was delicious), chicken sausage, ground turkey (I just make burgers and eat it bunless, but you can add mix ins), meatballs, meatloaf, ground beef (tacos, meatloaf, burgers), shrimp, tuna/salmon salads (from cans). I should try and eat more pork.

Feel free to check my diary for ideas. For veggies I like mashing things (sweet potatoes, cauliflower, love mashed potatoes and spinach), roasting, or just a bag of frozen veggies with some seasoning. Or you can make potato fries with just a bit of olive oil in the oven.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    What about making tomato based stews with the meat? Or using mince?
  • IvyLuci
    IvyLuci Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Take a pan, put some oil or butter in. Add onions, let them soften. Add meat chopped into small bits. After some time add veggies, chopped into manageable bits. Let it mix. Add cooking cream or tomato sauce. Add spices.

You can change the ingredients to vary the final outcome. Weigh everything before you put it in the pan. If it ends up being a lot of food, divide it into 2 (or more) portions and freeze.
  • strynn
    strynn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Here's one that's quick and easy if you like tuna steak. Drizzle a plate with flavored olive oil (I usually use lemon), cover plate with arrugula and spinach. Take a tuna steak of high quality and season to taste (I usually use Greek seasoning). Heat a skillet and pan sear your tuna steak to the degree of done you like. I like my tuna mostly rare, my husband likes his closer to cooked through. Pan searing is quick, so when the pan is hot its only a couple of minutes a side. Plate the tuna on top pf the greens. When you eat the greens, you just swirl them in the olive oil a bit. Quick, easy and filling. You can pair it with rice or quinoa.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Stews, chili and soups are great meals and extremely versatile. If you are looking for leaner meats, pork tenderloin has about the same fat content as boneless skinless chicken breasts. Beans are a great diet food loaded with fiber, nutrients and protein. Add them to soups, chili, salads, Mexican dishes, etc. Try fish in tacos or salads.
  • Adpalangi
    Adpalangi Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Thank y'all for the suggestions. They will make a good change for me. I do have a stupid question...what is cooking cream? Is it better for you than tomato sauce?
    Thanks again for giving of your time.
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    omelette.
    pork loin
    quorn. many variants.bbq chicken style fillets and cheese+ pesto escalopes my current faves.
    fresh soup with added veg/ protein.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I like going to allrecipes and doing a search by ingredients when I have certain things at home but don't want to do the same old same old. I've found some pretty good options! Last week, I wanted something quick and easy with sausage and came up with a chowder made with corn and potatoes that was super easy and soooo good. I need to lighten it up some but it's definitely a keeper.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Big burger, cheese, nice bread roll, ketchup, served up with some potato wedges. Nice!
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    FAJITAS! :D I love my fajitas, since I can throw in a ton of veggies with the sauce and I use skirt steak, mmmmm. There are plenty of packets of spice, but you can kind of do your own thing if you're adventurous. There are also the "fajita kits" with the tortilla in the box or tacos. You could always chop up your chicken if you don't like beef though. I saw that you don't really get beef, so this can be a change too.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I think you just need to learn how to cook and not be scared to use spices, sauces, different meats, fish, etc.

I tend marinate a lot. That way, I can cook with chicken, beef, pork, etc. and not get bored. Here's one of mine for pork tenderloin:

1/3 cup apple juice concentrate
    2 tablespoons dijon mustard
    4 cloves of garlic
    2 tablespoons of olive oil
    2 tablespoons of rosemary

Mix it all together, pour it over the tenderloin. If two come in a package, just make enough to adequately cover two tenderloins. You can freeze one of them in the marinade and then as it is defrosting, it continues to marinate. For the one you use, just make sure you marinate at least an hour, better if overnight.

• Princ3ssj
    Princ3ssj Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Lentils. Beans. Tofu. Tempeh. Split peas. Edamame.
    Cheese is not a (good) source of protein.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Mozzarella is probably the best cheese if you're looking at protein. Use it, some of the (slightly) higher protein pastas, some lean sausage/chicken/beef/pork and chopped veg and herbs for a good meal with decent protein.

Others made good suggestions for alternate proteins. I didn't see beef tenderloin, though. A nice cut if you have the money to spend. Makes excellent leftovers for roast beef sandwiches and such.
  • Adpalangi
    Adpalangi Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks y'all! That gives me a start. Really appreciate it!