10 months and 100 pounds!!!!!!

Options
purcel
purcel Posts: 34 Member
edited October 2014 in Success Stories
Hello! Thank you for checking out my success story. It has been an amazing and difficult 10 months since I started getting serious about my health and well-being. I look back and don’t even recognize the person I once was. I still have a ways to go but I have never been more committed to having a happy and healthy life!

First things first my progress pictures! I have no idea why I did take photos right away when I start in December so the first picture is the ones I took in January so the ‘before’ picture is me about 17lbs less then my biggest weight.

10month-face_zps41cdb8b0.png[/URL]

10month-front_zps28afe041.png[/URL]

10month-side_zps920cee9f.png[/URL]

10month-back_zps206c1a80.png[/URL]

In the before pic, I'm wearing a size 2X shirt and size 22 pants yet during pic, I am wearing a size medium shirt and size 12 pants! What! Awesome! :smiley:

So, I hit my half way mark at the end of May: To see half-way pics, measurements and more of my back story check out my first success story here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1308243-6-months-73lbs-half-way-there. Then in June, I was hit with a curve ball, turns out my partner of 4 years had been cheating on me for the past year. Our relationship was not a good one, part of my goal when getting my life healthier and happier was to either fix the relationship or get out. The decision was made easy and I broke up with him, I moved out (all two weeks before a month long trip to Italy) and sold our house over the summer. Least to say it was a stressful time, I did gain some weight as I ate some of my feelings. But I took the things I had learned and gained probably a fraction of what I would have plus I picked myself back up and got back to it. The thing I remind myself of over and over again is that I am NOT on a diet. I have made a ‘life change’. one bad day doesn’t cancel everything just like one good day does make it all better. It is about long term consistency. I have hit a lot of rough patches. It hasn’t been all downhill has you can see with my chart but it’s all about getting back on the horse. Even if you fall you are still moving forward.

10monthweeklyweightloss_zps0891dcf8.png[/URL]

My measurements! (also height = 5'7")

Nov 30th / Oct 1 = Total Loss

Weight: 304.4 / 202.3 = 102.1lbs lost!

Lower Waist: 56 / 42 = 14 inches lost!
Upper Waist: 42 / 34.5 = 7.5 inches lost!
Hips: 57.5 / 45 = 12.5 inches lost!
Bust: 53 / 42.5 = 10.5 inches lost!
Right Bicep: 15 / 12 = 3 inches lost!
Right Thigh: 30 / 24 = 6 inches lost!

Total Inches lost = 53.5!!

BMI: 47.7 / 31.7 = 16 points down! (No longer ‘very severely obese’! I am now ‘moderately obese’! only 1.8 points or 10lbs away from being overweight! I can’t wait!)

Dress size: 24 / 14 = 10 dress size down!

The first 6 months of my life change it was easy to focus entirely on my weight loss. I tracked everything, I weighed my food, counted every calorie. My spreadsheets were crazy detailed. However, over the summer I have been so busy! I took a trip to Italy which was amazing, then a couple smaller trips. I start dating again and hanging out with friends, joining sports teams, so much to do! It also meant a lot more dinners out, parties, events. It made consist logging and eating very difficult and so I stopped. I listened to my body, I logged when I could and although my weight loss slowed down a little bit I am still losing! I am enjoying activities I never thought I would a year ago, I am running (competed in a 5k run and 1 10k runs!), rock climbing, playing sports. I look forward to to being active, sitting around drives me crazy. But most of all, I don’t hold myself back anymore. I may not been in my dream body yet but I am doing the things I want to do. I am excited for my new life. I deserve a wonderful life. I will have a wonderful life :smiley:

Replies

• kangaroux92
    kangaroux92 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    wow you look incredible good job you are an inspiration
  • DonnaAnn64
    DonnaAnn64 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You are doing amazing, inspiring too. I love that you are living life :smiley:
  • fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    Well done on the loss. Life will throw us curveballs but it's hoe we deal with them that matters. Congratulations.
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    amazing! you're an inspiration!
  • KathyPBiles
    KathyPBiles Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! Such an awesome story!
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Fabulous job!
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    What an amazing change!
  • marx4
    marx4 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your tremendous success!!! You are an inspiration to all!! You look great. (*) :)
  • lyrics09
    lyrics09 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Wow you are incredible! Amazing job!!! Look beyond fantastic-- keep up the work! :):)

Cheers! <3
  • thinkpositive92
    thinkpositive92 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Omg well done!! You were hit with all these emotional weights that would normally just cause a person to quit but you still fought through them all! You are a very strong beautiful young lady! Thank you so much for posting, things like this is what some of us need to get us through to the next mile. Fantastic work! And I wish you all the best for your next goals :D
  • shellepooz
    Options
    how did u lose the lower belly? Mine is still there and hangs and Ive lost
    140 pounds
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • BusyB223
    BusyB223 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Good for you... Thanks for sharing your great story. You are an inspiration. You Look AMAZING!!!!
  • annangelich
    annangelich Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Congratulations and thank you for sharing. I love reading success stories and seeing the helpful bits of advice and wisdom within them. Your transformation is inspiring.
  • justcindy59
    justcindy59 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    You have done wonderful and look awesome. Thanks for sharing.
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Wonderful accomplishment! You know how people tell overweight people "you have such a pretty face"? Well you did, but your weight loss* really* make your eyes stand out. And you have nice cheek bones. I know weight loss isn't about being pretty- but it's a nice bonus. Great job. :)
  • Mhgretsch
    Mhgretsch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Wonderful progress :) Keep up the great work!
  • kharmon2013
    kharmon2013 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Wow! amazing job! Your face even looks so different. You're beautiful :)
  • Slinky92
    Slinky92 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    What an amazing job! You look incredible! (*)
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are AMAZING!!!! CONGRATS to you and your new/wonderful life that you are building for yourself! Way to go and thank you for the inspiration :smiley:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!