Making Friends on MFP

Options
TattooedCinderella
TattooedCinderella Posts: 10 Member
edited October 2014 in Introduce Yourself
Omg how did I like my own update TWICE in one morning???? (which was TOTALLY accidental! I was attempting to like someone else's update, NOT trying to make myself look cooler than I already do! Yeah I'm totally kidding. I'm not one of the cool kids. I was a nerd before being a nerd and sarcastic was considered cool!) Seriously though, this is my dilemma... IF you've even gotten this far lol! I seriously need to find more friends on MFP stat! But I'm a little shy when it comes to meeting new people. And I feel like if I just randomly started friend requesting total strangers it would be a wee bit weird... Like AHS crazy clown killer, freak show carny folk weird! (LOVE LOVE LOVE American Horror Story!!!) Yes, I'm imaginative. And I'm snarky. A lot. And once I do start talking sometimes I don't shut up (like now! ) but I refuse to go around requesting random MFP users bc that would put me at a whole stalkerish level and yeah no that's weird and I don't wanna be the WEIRD new girl... So how did you guys become friends with all your MFP friends? I really wanna know! Some of the people on my list are duds and don't sign in so that's not helpful or supportive. AND these people are my actual real life friends! Pfft! Since friends, right?! I need people who are actually gonna like get on me when I don't sign in for a day and be like "Yo! What are you doing?! You're slacking! You're not gonna get ANY where NEAR your goal weight if you keep that *kitten* up!" And I can do the same for them. Cuz I'm cool when it comes to THAT stuff! I'm totally supportive and motivational! I'm good at that. Soooo... How do I go about this without looking like a total Creepy McCreeperson?!

Replies

• shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I find people on the boards. If I like how they speak or sound I check out their profile. If I like that, I add them. But always with a message, then it's not weird, it's normal. If there's no message, I won't accept requests, and I think a lot of the serious people on here feel the same way.

Serious as in logging, not in temperment haha.
  • TattooedCinderella
    TattooedCinderella Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ok good bc temperament, I'm such a big kid! I'm 35 with 3 kids and I'm married but I think I'm about as mature as my 19 year old sometimes lol! I'm serious and act my age when I need to and when it's appropriate but I just can't take life too seriously bc nobody gets out alive! I do however want to get out a healthy, thin weight! Healthy and not alive... Totally counterproductive! On a serious note though. As far as serious about logging goes, I was very serious! I went like 25 days straight when I first started back up with MFP and then I got very sick in August and spent 5 days in the hospital and I haven't bounced back yet. But I should still be logging what I AM able to eat every day but I'm frustrated with being sick and not lacking the friends on here who have the same motivation I did. And here I go not shutting up again...