OMG!!! Outta shape moment....what's yours??

Options
Hello all. I've been a member of MFP since January 2012. I lost 40 lbs from then till around May 2012. I felt great. I was soooo motivated and though I was still wanting to lose, I felt like $1million!! Anyhow, fast forward to March of 2013. I got pregnant with my 4th boy and he was born in late November 2013. I was pumping for him so I didn't concentrate on my working out or watch my calories that much. I lost a good portion of the baby weight that I gained (close to 50 lbs) and I have about 15 lbs to go to get back to my pre-baby size. Fast forward to yesterday. I bought an aerobic step system that included the step, weights, ball, resistance band, and DVD. Did the first workout on the DVD and I ABOUT DIED!!! LITERALLY!!! I feel like I am so outta shape. It felt nice to sweat a lot, but holy cow. I got discouraged because I couldn't finish the workout. I hate not finishing a workout. But it was 50 min.....I'm set to do my 2nd 5k next weekend and for some reason I feel more outta shape than when I ran my first one in August.....What's your "outta shape moment"??

Replies

• poodlenoodlemuffin
    poodlenoodlemuffin Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I ran half a mile for the train the other morning. I thought I'd gotten at least reasonably fit after 10 months of working out and over 4st lost. Burning lungs said not so much.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    The first workout DVD I tried, I couldn't even get 2 minutes through the WARM UP. Then I could barely walk for a week.
  • bstoudt369
    bstoudt369 Posts: 76 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I got an elliptical for Christmas last year. The first day I got on it, I tried going too hard, too fast. In 10 minutes, I thought I was going to die! It took me an hour to catch my breath. I couldn't walk for 2 days after.
    I can now do 45+ minutes without a problem!
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    awolf2011 wrote: »
    LITERALLY!!!

That word doesn't mean what you think it means.

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Pretty much every time I decide to hike up the mountain behind our house. I feel like I'm going to die at about the halfway point and it goes downhill from there. Until I reach the top. At the top I feel badass for not dying.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Lol lots of out of shape moments. But most recently walking out of the gym to find someone had parked incredibly close to my car on the driver's side >_< so I got in on the passenger side and sat there idly playing on my phone for a few minutes because there were a couple women hanging around watching and I didn't want to be seen scooting onto the driver's side from the passenger seat so just made it seem like I was waiting on someone. This happens often enough to be high on my list of "annoying things that happen when I'm out in public"
  • TheDJTC
    TheDJTC Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Few weeks ago, went on vacation to New York City, I had a VERY hard time walking around, my feet were killing me. The second day we had to walk up six flights of stairs to the concert and I was SO DEHYDRATED... and the damn Gatorades were six bucks.

Damn SEGA extorting people.

So once I stop being depressed I'm gonna try to get down to 250 or something again. Guess I should cut out the sodas... kinda wish there was a non-sugar sweet drink, since I can't drink plain water yuk.
  • beccaheiser
    beccaheiser Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My most out of shape moment is a bad running form. If I don't do something about it soon, I'm going to end up fracturing my shins.
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    My out of shape moment is when I can barely stand in the store to go grocery shopping and I feel sore in my back. Now that doesn't happen and I feel great.
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    bstoudt369 wrote: »
    I got an elliptical for Christmas last year. The first day I got on it, I tried going too hard, too fast. In 10 minutes, I thought I was going to die! It took me an hour to catch my breath. I couldn't walk for 2 days after.
    I can now do 45+ minutes without a problem!

This is sort of mine. I've been doing a fair amount of running (always outdoors) this past spring/summer/fall. My sister has an elliptical machine and I thought I'd give a go. I figured I could knock out a 30 minute work-out. I don't think I made it 10 minutes. Cardio seemed fine but my legs just died.

• Strongandscrappy
    Strongandscrappy Posts: 1,735 Member
    Options
    My daughter was 9 months old and I went to get up to put her to bed and I had to push off with my hands to get up. I have always had a strong core and sit ups were never a problem. I realized I needed to start working out!
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    My "moment" was realizing that I was dreading walking up the stairs to bed, and I'd only do those stairs once a day because it was difficult. :sob:
    Yesterday I kept forgetting things, so did them probably 5x in as many minutes and was completely fine. :grinning:

51637601.png
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    awolf2011 wrote:
    Did the first workout on the DVD and I ABOUT DIED!!! LITERALLY!!!
    Maybe she really did have extreme shortness of breath, turn blue, pass out, have heart dysrhythmia or skipped beats, hyperthermia, dehydration, had to call an ambulance & ended up in ICU, etc.
    Doubtful, but possible.

51637601.png
  • awolf2011
    awolf2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    awolf2011 wrote: »
    LITERALLY!!!

OK......
  • awolf2011
    awolf2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    These are some great outta shape moments & we have all overcome them a& realized that we CAN DO THIS!!!!!
  • redscylla
    redscylla Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I get one every single day. I walk or bike to work, and my twice daily trip involves a serious hill. Serious. They hold a professional bicycle race on this hill every year, that's how serious. OMG. Twice a day, I am huffing and puffing my way up that hill. After 8 years, I still hold out hope that someday I will be able to do that hill without feeling like I'm about to keel over.
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I tried to do pushups a few days ago. I could do 3! To be fair I just had a baby almost 3 months ago but still, I used to be able to do 20+ no problem. It just motivated me that much more though.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    got cramps just trying to wipe myself. yep that did it for me.
  • CassieR6
    CassieR6 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I have two! Getting so sweaty and tired and breathing hard just from cleaning a 980sq foot apartment! And when I finally do workout with cardio for about 45min, I know I wont be able to walk or workout again for almost two days!!! :p