OVERWEIGHT!

Options
Tobi1013
Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
Feeling amazing this morning!! I have finally crossed into the Overweight BMI and am no longer Obese!! Never thought I would be celebrating being overweight, but you can bet I did a happy dance this morning!! I know that BMI is flawed (VERY flawed), but this is a huge accomplishment for me! I doubt that I will ever be in the Healthy BMI range (I plan to have "too much" lean muscle mass when all is said and done!), but I know that I will never again be Obese!

Huge THANKS to all of my MFPeeps for all of the support and motivation each of you give me every single day!!!

Replies

• manda1028
    manda1028 Posts: 148
    Options
    good job! i am so happy that made your morning. it is a good accomplishment. keep doing what youre doing:)
  • bigmamma3
    bigmamma3 Posts: 134
    Options
    congratulations!!! i too did a happy dance at just being overweight. never give up hope on reaching your ideal weight
  • cherilanet
    Options
    Awesome job, you give me hope. How long have you been on this site? I'm new this week and am still trying to figure it out. Congratulations again, cheri
  • 0Jaime0
    0Jaime0 Posts: 26
    Options
    Looking at your profile picture, you do not look overweight at all!! Congrats on your accomplishment, and good luck in your continued success! :)
  • madyncaden
    madyncaden Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!! I am so excited well and a little jealous of you too!!! I will be there soon. I have been on track for about a week and now i have found this awesome place to help with woderful motivating people. Keep up the good work!!!:smile::smile: :happy: :happy: :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Great Job! I did that too. I was so excited when I crossed that line. Congrats on your progress.
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Amazing Job!!! Slow and steady does win this race of weightloss and healtier living!!! You look fantastic and you are an inspiration!!!! thanks for sharing!!!

Keep up the great work
  • LaurieJAndrews
    LaurieJAndrews Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Love it! I thought I was alone in thinking the same. Well done. xx
  • SiouxPrincess
    SiouxPrincess Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! That is GREAT!!!! You inspire me, I can't wait until I can do that happy dance too!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! I remember when I got to that milestone i was so happy. Enjoy your victory but don't stop there. If you can make it to overweight you can make it to healthy!
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the kind words, compliments, and support!!

For those who have asked, I have been on the site since May 10, 2010. I've had my ups and downs in the last (almost) year, but have averaged just under 1lb per week lost.

For those who have commented about being in the Healthy BMI range, I have certainly not ruled it out completely, but my goal has never been to be "really skinny". My goal is to be healthy and fit with a focus on body fat percentage vs. weight. I mentioned in my original post that BMI is flawed and it really is. My goal as never been to be 150 lbs (the high end of the healthy range for my height) as I just think that I wil not be able to have the muscle that I want to have at that weight. I am aiming somewhere closer to a lean 160, but even that is not set in stone since BF is going to become my primary focus.
  • Kwilliams75
    Kwilliams75 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Jaselygirl
    Jaselygirl Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the accomplishment! I remember when I first did that. It's odd to think that we are happy about being overweight. lol Great job and continue the hard work. You will reach "normal" before you know it. :)
  • 36jessica
    36jessica Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'll be dancing just like you when I make it. Great job!:flowerforyou:
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Outstanding!
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Congrats Tobi! That is a great accomplishment.

Karen
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!