i need help please

Options
im addicted to chocolate, and once i have one little piece, its on going and i cant quit, i will sit and eat it all night. i need either substitutions, or ideas on how to kick my habit

Replies

• casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    The only thing I can think of is just don't buy it. If youdont have it around you, you can't eat it :) That's what I have to do with chips lol I'm a huge saltaholic.
  • funky_stripes
    funky_stripes Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    i live with my family its always around, and whether i start with fiber one bars, or crispy minis, then it goes to cookies er something
  • cjmom01
    cjmom01 Posts: 3
    Options
    Maybe buy some REALLY GOOD chocolate that is just for you. It may be more satisfying to have a small piece of rich dove or godiva or something, and leave the chocolate cookies and M&M's for the kids. And if it's expensive, it will force you to ration it out to get you through the whole week.
  • cjmom01
    cjmom01 Posts: 3
    Options
    Maybe buy some REALLY GOOD chocolate that is just for you. It may be more satisfying to have a small piece of rich dove or godiva or something, and leave the chocolate cookies and M&M's for the kids. And if it's expensive, it will force you to ration it out to get you through the whole week.
  • Hammie18
    Hammie18 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    oooo, cjmom01's suggestions is really good!

How about if you took a bite of fruit(or a veggie if you're daring) with every bit of chocolate you eat. Like strawberries, or bananas. That could fill you up so you won't have room for any more chocolates! Chocolate also pairs very nicely with those fruits.
  • anzura
    anzura Posts: 171
    Options
    i live with my family its always around, and whether i start with fiber one bars, or crispy minis, then it goes to cookies er something

That's not chocolate. Sounds like your more addicted to the crunchy snacks more than choc. I get really good dark chocolate and I'm satisfied with a small amount. I would just avoid the processed snack foods that will keep you craving more and more....have your family put that stuff away if they keep buying it. Have them hide it ;)
  • funky_stripes
    Options
    thanks, i just think once i have a taste...i cant stop. maybe i just need to quit cold turkey.
  • funky_stripes
    Options
    what is a good dark chocolate thats lower in cals
  • anzura
    anzura Posts: 171
    Options

Get a chocolate that is 60% or higher. Break off a piece and savor it. Don't chow down on it, let it melt in your mouth.
    NO milk chocolate!
  • monicaP413
    monicaP413 Posts: 165
    Options
    I have the same problem and it drives me nuts!!! But unfortunately, it is not only with chocolate, but most sugary treats!! I have told myself on numerous occasions that I am just going to quit eating sugar. I have lasted a few days and then I actually FORGOT that I quit and ate cake or candy. Who forgets????!!! So each day, I have to start new and not beat myself up everyday. I am definitely eating less than I used to and progress is all I can do!!! You can do it!!
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    meet dark chocolate its your new best friend. it satisfies the craving but isn't moreish so you can step away! plus antioxidants!!!!
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options

i always get green and blacks organic 70% cocoa.

Always get 70% or more!