Metabolism Fix

Options
How do you fix a broken Metabolism ?

Replies

• agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Duct tape....fixes everything.

Hehe. There are definitely tips and tricks to speed it up though! Exercise being #1, and little tricks like a glass of water first thing in the am, coffee...

....or duct tape....
  • vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Now you tell me about the duct tape :happy:
  • nab22
    nab22 Posts: 168
    Options
    Build muscle!
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hi ....I don't think anyone has broke metabolism. It does slow as we get older though. I'm 45 yrs old and I seem to have sped up my metabolism quite a bit. To get yours going....make sure you don't skip breakfast, eat 3 meals a day with at least 2 snacks in between and exercise. As you build muscle, your body will burn more calories while at rest. I think every lb of fat burn 1-2 calories per day compared to every lb of muscles which can burn 50+ calories per day per muscle:)!! Make good healthy food choices, lots of fresh veggies and fruits and some good lean protein. Also drink lots and lots of water. (Huge plus to weight loss) Good luck to you....you can do this;)
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Go buy Jillian Michaels Book Master Your Metabolism. GReat read and great info!
  • MiNiMoNkI
    MiNiMoNkI Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    My partner listens to the radio all day at work and learns many words of wisdom, he mentioned about a certain pepper which helps boost your metabolism, so i looked it up and found this, its a good read.

http://www.sanbenito.k12.tx.us/hot news/fifteen_foods.html
  • drasr
    drasr Posts: 181
    Options
    Eat small, frequent and 'balanced' meals. e.g. 6 meals of 250 to meet a requirement of 1500 calories.
    Exercise for atleast 30 mins/day.
    Drink plenty of water.
  • JPK7
    JPK7 Posts: 6
    Options
    My suggestion is to seek out an Endocrinologist. With one blood test they will be able to determine if you have a Thyroid problem and ultimatley best direct you. In most instances, people suffer from hypo, which is a slow metabolism. The solution is a daily dosage of synthroid of some other med to stimulate your metabolism. 80% of people with Thyroid issues are female. I am a male and take medication daily as does my teenage daughter. Life is miserable without it. Check with your doctor.
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Duct tape....fixes everything.

Hehe. There are definitely tips and tricks to speed it up though! Exercise being #1, and little tricks like a glass of water first thing in the am, coffee...

....or duct tape....

BAHAHAHA!!! thats the first thing that came to my mind too!!!! gotta love a country girl!!
    Oh and they have it in all colors now!!
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Duct tape is like "The Force" It has a dark side and a light side and It holds the universe together!!!
  • jhinkle40
    Options
    Goin with the Duct Tape !!!! LOL