Chocolate problem!

Options
I am on a diet plan and I exercise everyday .
Problem is chocolate.I dont eat everyday,just twice a week but on that day i eat to much...
Is it harmful and any suggest to calm down?

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I like to get chocolate chips. Easy to get a chocolate fix by portioning those out into servings without going overboard.

I also like to melt a tablespoon of them in with two tablespoons of peanut butter. You can cover a banana with the mixture and freeze it for a snack, or use it as a topping for ice cream, toast, ect. Really versatile in curbing a craving!

See if you can learn to have a little each day, and learn to moderate how much of it you eat. It may be hard and take a lot of trial and error, but you can do it.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    I am a chocoholic. I sympathize with this post.

Chocolate itself isn't terrible in moderation. Lots and lots of chocolate (like I like to eat) is bad for you.

One trick I use is to buy the 80-90% high cocoa content bars. They have lower sugar and fat content than the milk chocolate or candy bar stuff, and I feel more satisfied after one square and am more able to put it down and walk away from the rest of the bar.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Fit it into your plan. Eat it slowly and enjoy. Slowly over time move towards higher quality chocolate with a higher cocoa count. Chocolate is yum :)
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    I am a chocoholic. I sympathize with this post.

Chocolate itself isn't terrible in moderation. Lots and lots of chocolate (like I like to eat) is bad for you.

One trick I use is to buy the 80-90% high cocoa content bars. They have lower sugar and fat content than the milk chocolate or candy bar stuff, and I feel more satisfied after one square and am more able to put it down and walk away from the rest of the bar.

....Yes.
    Dark chocolate for the win.
    I actually just bought some dark chocolate chips to coat homemade peppermint patties with (unfortunately the recipe stunk!), and I was in heaven sneaking a spoonful of them, haha.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    This thread just made me realize I have reese's peanut butter cups on top of my fridge.
  • Pebbles5280
    Pebbles5280 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I too have a chocolate problem and am constantly looking for ways to make it hard to over indulge. I buy a bag of kisses on the 1st and 15th of the month. They immediately go into the freezer. Every morning I take out 3 kisses, that is my daily allotment. I can eat them at any time during the day, but I only get 3 per day. This works well for me because I don't like the frozen ones, they hurt my teeth.

Sounds goofy but it helps. I'd eat the entire bag if I don't watch it.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    I too have a chocolate problem and am constantly looking for ways to make it hard to over indulge. I buy a bag of kisses on the 1st and 15th of the month. They immediately go into the freezer. Every morning I take out 3 kisses, that is my daily allotment. I can eat them at any time during the day, but I only get 3 per day. This works well for me because I don't like the frozen ones, they hurt my teeth.

Haha, I do the same with cookies! I make a mean chocolate crinkle cookie recipe, but I have a bad habit of binge-eating them when I bake them. Luckily, they freeze really well, so I keep them in the freezer and take out one at a time. Unfortunately for me, I do quite like them near-frozen, so it takes more willpower than I might like to stop at just one.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Buy the best dark chocolate you can afford. Amazingly delicious and you don't have to eat too much to be satisfied.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Fit it into your plan. Eat it slowly and enjoy. Slowly over time move towards higher quality chocolate with a higher cocoa count. Chocolate is yum :)

All of this. Hershey Kisses used to be my downfall...I'd go through a bag in about three days. Now I buy Ghirardelli 72% Cacao, and two squares will satisfy me.
  • steff274
    steff274 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I dip it in my tea!! Suck it savour it! Is one of my favourite snacks but I am maintaining not losing and eat enough calories to make anyone jealous!! >:)
  • LilyOfTheValley008
    LilyOfTheValley008 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have a square of dark chocolate almost every day and still have been consistent will my weight loss. Don't deprive yourself if you think you will end up binging, 1 square could be 40-50 calories.
    I love Lindt 70% dark chocolate and as a treat Club dark almond chocolate!
    But yeah you have to learn moderation. Something that helps me if I have uncontrollable cravings is telling myself "I'll eat it later" instead of saying I won't, and then by later the urge has passed.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I have a treat, or chocolate daily! Since I pre-log my day every morning, I make sure there is room for it. I don't discriminate, any type will do.
  • SteveMFP123
    SteveMFP123 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    The only chocolate I eat is Weight Watchers chocolate digestives, I have 2 a day and they're lovely. It keeps the choccy monster away.
  • dieter1200
    dieter1200 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I buy the fun sized candy bars. They are all about 80 calories a piece. I can usually fit 1 in to my calorie allowance or use 1 as motivation to work out a little bit.
  • dieter1200
    dieter1200 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    or the 40 calorie sugar free fudgecycles are a good chocolate treat.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Supposedly the way to eat chocolate properly is to place a piece in the centre of your tongue and let it melt ...that is how you experience all the nuances

I think that's such a conscious, slow way of eating that it cuts down how much you would eat

Of course I suppose it's meant for the high quality dark cocoa solids chocolate but I found it worked on dairy too

Try it
  • IHateThinkingOfAUsername
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    I have a treat, or chocolate daily! Since I pre-log my day every morning, I make sure there is room for it. I don't discriminate, any type will do.

This :D I eat some chocolate every night as my post-meal mid-tv viewing snack. I eat anything I fancy. I don't discriminate between milk or dark. Last night I had 68g of Terry's Orange Chocolate, all within my calories. It was damned good! :D Night before that, after I'd done an hours swimming (average heart rate around 130bpm), I had 20g of Lindt Caramel Brownie, 4 jaffa cakes and 2 bourbon biscuits. I exercise for my chocolatey goodness.
  • nickynuhi
    nickynuhi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your suggestion on how to make our future more efficient.You are so kind to me.
    I am very motivated now.I will try to do my best.
    Thanks again for your message.  :)
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    segacs wrote: »

Haha, I do the same with cookies! I make a mean chocolate crinkle cookie recipe, but I have a bad habit of binge-eating them when I bake them. Luckily, they freeze really well, so I keep them in the freezer and take out one at a time. Unfortunately for me, I do quite like them near-frozen, so it takes more willpower than I might like to stop at just one.

I broke 2 teeth that needed crowns on a frozen leftover Dove egg :(

IT was yummy, though!

• Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I buy Green and Blacks 85% dark chocolate. It still has a lot of calories, but I need to eat MUCH less of it to have "the full chocolate experience". I like green and blacks because it has strong chocolate flavor but considering it's 85%, it's not overly bitter. Sometimes I melt a few squares and drizzle on ripe strawberries...DELICIOUS! Also cocoa powder can sometimes do the trick. some fruit with artificial sweetener and some cocoa powder on it will satisfy a chocolate craving. Sometimes I add cocoa powder to my coffee.... or I make a protein shake and add a tablespoon of cocoa powder to it. I've also been known to make chocolate pudding with extra-extra cocoapowder and artificial sweetener instead of sugar.

I of course also love milk chocolate, but I try to stay away from it because once I start, I tend to overindulge.