I dont think i'm going to like winter anymore!

Options
It's 63 outside here and I'm cold! i never use to get cold, and loved fall/winter. i have to go buy some sweatshirts and long sleeve shirts which i never use to wear because i'd sweat my butt off! I'm not going to complain too much, i did lose over 100lb jacket since this time last year.
I shouldve known this was coming when it was hot out in the summer and everyone where i work was sweating and i was like, guys.. it's not even hot, and they looked at me like i was nuts!

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss!

I love not being as hot in the summer! Our winters aren't too bad, but I'm eager to see if I need a sweater or jacket more often. :)
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I guess my insulation is why the cold doesn't bother me so much... thin people problems ;)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I get colder now too, but it gets better as the weather gets colder. I mean, every Spring it's 60 and I'm in a Tshirt, now it's 60 and I'm freezing... your body adapts to some extent.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Yeah, welcome to the club. I'm cold when it's under 80.
  • Kalikel
    Options
    I guess my insulation is why the cold doesn't bother me so much... thin people problems ;)

Yup! The more fat you have, the warmer you will be, winter and summer. Summers is already SO much more pleasant for me and I'm still in the Overweight section of BMI. Next summer will rock!
  • jorge_ta83
    jorge_ta83 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Ok now you are seriously making considering keeping my fat for winter :p .

Not looking forward to those warm 20-30 F.
  • ehuschka
    ehuschka Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I agree! I lost 35 pounds and am freezing now.
    Good news, I've moved to Texas where its warm. Bad news, I'm visiting NY in January.
  • Sobus76
    Sobus76 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Glad I'm not alone :p
  • WW_Jude_V2
    WW_Jude_V2 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I had to borrow a co-worker's sweater today. She asked if I was feeling ill. Nope...just cold!

I'm reading this as I sit here with a hoodie zipped up to my neck and the hood on and tied (mom always told me you lose a lot of heat through your head). If I could type with mittens on I'd be happy.

It's 68F in here. This would have been on the high side of the perfect temperature 72 pounds ago!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Long underwear
  • SteveMFP123
    SteveMFP123 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I have always suffered with being hot, no matter the weather. Last year it was -5 outside and I had the windows open in my room, and shorts on. For the first time in about 15 years I actually felt cold recently, and I've only lost about 29lbs. I can't imagine what it'll feel like when I've lost another 50lbs. Summer has always been the worst time of the year for me, it's hot, sticky and uncomfortable and I'm never without multiple fans pointed in my direction, hopefully next Summer will be a very different experience.
  • Kalikel
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Long underwear
    Your guide to sexy pants? :smiley:

• 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Sobus76 wrote: »
    It's 63 outside here and I'm cold! i never use to get cold, and loved fall/winter. i have to go buy some sweatshirts and long sleeve shirts which i never use to wear because i'd sweat my butt off! I'm not going to complain too much, i did lose over 100lb jacket since this time last year.
    I shouldve known this was coming when it was hot out in the summer and everyone where i work was sweating and i was like, guys.. it's not even hot, and they looked at me like i was nuts!
    When I was fat, winters were just dandy. I was happy like a walrus on an iceberg. Without my blubber, I now prefer summers!
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    I'm a cold weather fan too. Hate the heat. Makes me dizzy, heatstroke, all of that. The thing is, though, I was always like that, even at my thinnest weight. So I suspect I will always be a cold weather kind of person.

(The other part of summer I hate -- skimpy clothing and bathing suits -- will be much easier once I shed the pounds, mind you.)