Frustrated!:(

Options
It's been a week and granted I started my period but I haven't lost much. Only a pound:(. I had one bad day but didn't go over my calories. Haven't worked out much could that be why? I'm drinking water. Help:(

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    It's been one week, have some patience. Sometime s there's no loss seen on the scale for 2-3 weeks. You didn't gain the weight over night, you won't see amazing results overnight, either.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    A pound a week is excellent. You only have 20 pounds to lose, that will be a great rate, nice job!
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    mags080611 wrote: »
    It's been a week and granted I started my period:(
    There are your two answers!
  • DellaWiedel
    DellaWiedel Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    JenMc14 wrote: »
    It's been one week, have some patience. Sometime s there's no loss seen on the scale for 2-3 weeks. You didn't gain the weight over night, you won't see amazing results overnight, either.

Agreed. You need to give it time to see the results. And a pound a week is a perfectly fine rate for weight loss.
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    cherirana wrote: »
    (*) BINGO! (*)

• mags080611
    mags080611 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I guess my mine thing is I remember awhile back losing 7 pounds in one week just because I changed my diet and ate healthy. Too high of expectations I guess
  • carlcopley
    Options
    Yea wow. 7 lbs in a week is NOT good. Usually that's water weight, something EASILY regainable. 1-2 lbs max a week. If your diary were public we could better help you. If you are eating too FEW calories that slows down your metabolism and forces you to starve, and thus makes it harder for your body to burn fat.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    If you lost 7 lbs in one week, most of it was probably water weight. A healthy rate of loss considering how little you have to lose is 1/2 lb - 1 lb per week.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    cherirana wrote: »

Yep. It would take a minor miracle for me (and many of us) to lose even a pound during period week. Actually, 6 months at this, and I still "gain" (in quotes, as it's all water, and I lose it afterward) 3-5 days before it starts. Like clockwork. I likely always will. Don't sweat it, and keep doing your best.
  • NaomiNoel21
    NaomiNoel21 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I loose about a pound a week. I've been logging for 70 days now and I've lost 10 pounds! But if I counted it week by week it's only be 1 pound a week. I use a digital scale and it keeps me encouraged, then I can count the decimals, so if I only loose .6pounds one week, hey at least it's .6 pounds!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    A pound in a week is excellent! Don't expect that much every week. It's hard work and takes a long time, but if you stick with it, you will get there. :)
  • BramageOMG
    BramageOMG Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    How much do you weigh? You said you want to lose 20, over what period of time? I think you could lost 2-3 lbs a week if you add in the exercise.
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    A pound a week is great! You didn't gain it all in a week or even a month. It takes time to lose weight in a healthy manner. Good luck!
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    It has been a week. A one pound loss is great. To lose all the weight you want over night you would have to amputate a limb. Don't be so hard on yourself. Keep working your calorie deficit and moving your body and carry on. Chin up.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    The fact that you lost weight during your period is amazing in itself. Most women (and you'll probably experience this once your weight loss stabilizes) will gain several pounds of water weight right before it starts.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    With 20 lbs to lose, 1 lb per week is a healthy rate of loss. You shouldn't be aiming for more than that anyway. Congratulations, you're doing it right.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    If you lost 7 lbs in one week, most of it was probably water weight. A healthy rate of loss considering how little you have to lose is 1/2 lb - 1 lb per week.

^ This. 7 pounds of fat lost in a week would be 24,500 calories a week of deficit, or 3500 calories a day of deficit. No way anyone could do that, unless they were (a) morbidly obese and on a severe calorie restriction, or (b) doing endurance competitions like the Tour de France, but under the supervision of an incompetent dietitian.

A pound a week is great! I had over 60 pounds to lose, and at my best, I was losing 1.1 pounds/week and was very happy to be doing that.

34527787.png
  • shannishan05
    shannishan05 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    JenMc14 wrote: »

I agree! You have to be patient! Focus on the positive... You didn't gain and you're committed. There's no quick fix the weight loss unless you go under the knife and even that has major drawbacks. Take your time... Be kind to yourself.