Cholesterol

Options
Alright, I'm posting this as a question towards cholesterol. The main (and quite often only) source of cholesterol in my diet is eggs. I have two in my breakfast, however when I haven't got the amount of protein I need I tend to have two or three at night. This leads to about 1,200mg of cholesterol, and I'd simply like to know if there are any ill effects from this.

Replies

• lindainprogress
    lindainprogress Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    you should have your blood drawn to check your cholesterol. that will let you know if that many eggs is ok for you. you can also just cut out the yokes, that's where the cholesterol is.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    1200 isn't really going to do much considering your body circulates around 40,000 mg's at any given time. Enjoy your eggs.
  • HornedFrogPride
    HornedFrogPride Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Agree with the previous poster, get your cholesterol checked, it's important. I'm glad I found out I had high cholesterol, had to make some changes. Egg whites are safe options, though. I've had to cut my egg consumption back from unlimited to 2 per serving to be on the safe side.
  • agrasso88
    agrasso88 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Less than 25% of your body's cholesterol comes from food, your body produces the rest. Besides eggs will increase your good HDL cholesterol and reduce triglycerides and LDL.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Eat the eggs. They are good for you.
  • bokaba
    bokaba Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Test and see what the doctor thinks.