Extremely annoyed that I feel hungry all the time!!

Options
I have been having this problem for about 6 months (mainly when I started working out in the morning) and I feel like I have tried everything to make myself feel better but its not working. I feel like I am rather knowledgeable about weight loss and nutrition but I still can't seem to control the feeling of being hungry more then usual. I work out 5 days a week and it ranges from just cardio to cardio and strength training. I eat a banana and half of my yogurt before I go to the gym and then the half of yogurt after my workout. I also drink about 46oz. of water while I'm at the gym. I drive 45 minutes to work and I drink water and a little coffee on my way in. I eat again about an hour after I arrive which is usually rolled oats with almond milk and some cottage cheese. I eat protein at every meal and drink 10 to 12 glasses of water every day. I am sometimes hungry even after I eat. I always eat back my exercise calories and sometimes even go over my calorie limit a little bit. If anyone knows of anything else I could try please let me know. I am 5'11", female, age 33,148 pounds, 18.5%bf. My diary is public and disregard all the easter goodies I ate.....not normal for me. haha

Thanks everyone!

Replies

• heather0709
    heather0709 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Same here i think I'm just bored and use to eating all the time since I let myself go after my two back to back pregnancies !
    I did hear it better to eat after you work out? Not sure :)
  • Dawntodusk
    Dawntodusk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You eat a lot of sugar and carbs still even though you also eat a good amount of protein. I'd say replace sugar with fat - it should reduce your cravings. I have eliminated all refined carbs and sugars from my diet and - up until 2 days ago - was very satisfied with my 1200 calories per day. Not sure what happened in the last two days - maybe excessive weight training? Or TOM.
  • ltf304
    ltf304 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I work during the day and I am definitely not bored, its the actual feeling of hunger. It really gets annoying and sometimes I feel like I'm used to it since I feel hungry most of the day. :)
  • ltf304
    ltf304 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Most of my sugar comes from fruit and veggies....minus any easter candy I have eaten. :) This has been going on for 6 months or so and not just during my easter candy phase. I think cutting out fruit and veggies would not be a good thing.
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Try a tablespoon of peanut butter in your oatmeal. That keeps me full all morning.:smile:
    Kaye
  • stbxadict
    stbxadict Posts: 11
    Options
    You shouldn't let yourself be hungry. Eat more calories than MFP says and see how your weight loss goes. You should let your weight loss be your guide and you shouldn't be hungry all the time, it's not healthy.

Try eating MORE for breakfast (adding PB to your oatmeal is a great idea!) and within an hour of working out. You probably feel hungry all day because your body needed more fuel after your workout. That's happened to me before and once I started eating more cals at breakfast I wasn't as hungry later on.
  • Dawntodusk
    Dawntodusk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Most of my sugar comes from fruit and veggies....minus any easter candy I have eaten. :) This has been going on for 6 months or so and not just during my easter candy phase. I think cutting out fruit and veggies would not be a good thing.

Veggies are good, but you don't really need more than 1-2 pieces of fruit a day - and they do add sugar which are calories that don't necessarily fill you up. Also, that candy could be affecting your metabolism - even if it's just a little bit - and that might make you feel hungrier. Why not replace fruit with nuts or cheese?

A lot of this is just experimentation. I've had to adjust my diet/regimen at least twice in the last 7 weeks since I joined. And I'll probably have to do it again. Good luck whatever you decide!