Thinking about a FitBit

Options
I have been thinking about getting a fitbit....would love some opinions/feedback on them. Thanks!

Replies

• CrittleCrattle
    CrittleCrattle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit One and love it. I'm the sort of person who feels more motivated when I can see my progress throughout the day. Also, having a record of how you're sleeping can be a helpful reference.

I will say, if you get the Fitbit One, make sure you clip it somewhere on you where it won't get snagged and fall off. I lost my first one because I was just wearing it on my pants pocket and somewhere along the way on my commute to work it was lost. Now I clip it on to the waistband of my underwear.
  • jafy1990
    jafy1990 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I love my titbit! I also Have the titbit one and agree I just put mine in my bra and don't worry about losing it. There is a new thing I love is challenges, theres a work week, weekend, and daily. Just invite people and see who gets in the lead. I have gone to the gym for 80 minutes just to be in first place. Great for motivation! Recommend getting one!
  • Weightwatcher72
    Weightwatcher72 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit flex which never (apart from when it needs charging) leaves my wrist

It works together with MFP to give a calorie counter, the usual pedometer you'd expect it to be-though it knows if you're working hard or just casually, it's a sleep monitor and silent alarm - it vibrates, it's waterproof to 10m meaning you can wear it in the shower or swimming, it awards badges and keeps you updated of your progress so far, and I'm sure I've left something out lol

All in all yes they cost a fair old bit, but they're worth every penny x
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    jafy1990 wrote: »
    I love my titbit! I also Have the titbit one and agree I just put mine in my bra and don't worry about losing it!

I think that's a conversation for a different thread lol
    Don't you just love predictive text =)

I love my fitbit flex. There are so many coloured bands, it's now a part of my wardrobe lol. On a serious side, It has motivated me a lot. Even down to walking around the lounge to get those last few steps in before bed =)

• Megabot
    Megabot Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I got my fitbit one as a gift. I was pretty skeptical at first.

I now strive to run stairs in my apartment as fast as possible, and I take extra walks at lunch - it seems to be helping just get some extra movement in for me. (I sit at a desk way too long every day, and often work very late) I would never have bought one for myself, but it's pretty fun little tool. You can sign up online and "compete" with your friends, and earn badges for climbing stairs, and step goals. I earned a helicopter badge just recently for going up 500 flights of stairs, my next one comes when I hit 1000....they're pretty fun. :) There are also per-day badges, like 10000 steps in a day, 15k steps, etc.
  • MsTiffamee
    MsTiffamee Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My husband and I each have a fitbit zip. We love them. I completely agree that they are a great motivation tool. I know this works because if we so much as walk to the restroom without it on we are angry. We love getting our daily steps in...so we actually stay on our feet a lot more, whereas we used to be couch potatoes!
  • tinuz
    tinuz Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Am thinking about one too but do you need a wWiFi connection to synchronise everything??
    As i am working offshore and have now WiFi network on board of my vessel.
  • laureltn
    laureltn Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Am on my third one (drowned an Ultra, lost one in the attic) and it's a One. My husband and I love them and we've had a Fitbit in one form or another for over two years now. You will park further away from places, look for stairs and hills, etc., if you're motivated by that stuff (which we are). :)
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    jafy1990 wrote: »
    I love my titbit! I also Have the titbit one and agree I just put mine in my bra and don't worry about losing it.

Oh my, I was laughing so hard at this I was crying. Gotta love typos. :D

• M3Kindschi
    M3Kindschi Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I HIGHLY recommend getting one!!! I love my fitbit! It keeps me accountable for getting in my steps and pairing it with MFP is even better!!!
  • Ainesilver
    Ainesilver Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    If you have sensitive skin then you might want to consider something besides a wrist model. I use a Fitbit Zip because all of the wrist models I tried, not just Fitbit irritated my skin. I find my tracker a good motivation tool. I find myself wanting to do more since I will check it during the day and be so close to the next thousand steps or next 100 calories that I will just have to work a bit harder to reach it. :)
  • sparkleiya
    sparkleiya Posts: 4 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I have a One and I love it. I went with Fitbit over the other brands because of their reputation as a good company. I've seen so many stories of them sending free replacements if you break or lose the Fitbit! I decided against the Flex because I wanted to be able to hide the Fitbit if necessary (dressy event, it didn't match, etc). Of course, now I can't really show it off or use it as a conversation piece without reaching into my shirt, so there's a downside.

I also really like the alarm. Since it's silent, I can use it to wake up earlier than my husband without disturbing him. Both the web and phone interface are great and easy to use. I prefer the One because it's small and unobtrusive, but if a wristband is more your thing go for it. They're both good quality and probably work equally well.
  • Abby2205
    Abby2205 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit One and it's been more motivating than I thought possible. I chose it over the Flex because a) it has an altimeter (I like to track stairs and hills) and b) it's small enough to clip to my bra. I lost my first inexpensive pedometer while it was clipped to my waistband.
    I didn't think that I would be motivated by the various badges, charts and dashboard colours, but I totally am.
  • Stargazer525
    Stargazer525 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit One and love it!

As others have said it keeps me motivated and because I have it set to "enable negative calories" it provides a more accurate calorie count and helps keep me honest.

Plus you get weekly reports and badges for steps, number of floors climbed etc.

Highly recommended!
  • PatriziaGen
    PatriziaGen Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just bought a FitBit One today - I chose it over the flex because I would like it to track any steps I do (which I don't do many and I wanted to be motivated). It's such a motivator, I just had to finish getting my 10000 step in for tonight and I bought it a few hours ago. I like it so far, just need to figure out how to make it transfer the data to MFP.
  • bleep
    bleep Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I've had a Zip since February I think and I really like it. I also like that since I have an active job and exercise on top of that, that I blow most of my friends out of the water in steps each day... muahahahahaaaa
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    tinuz wrote: »
    Am thinking about one too but do you need a wWiFi connection to synchronise everything??
    As i am working offshore and have now WiFi network on board of my vessel.
    You don't need wireless. It uses its own bluetooth dongle that plugs into a usb port. Do you have a computer with internet on the vessel or a smart phone with service? Some Fitbits can also sync to some smart phones but I think they need the initial setup done at a computer.

• PotentiallyCrazy
    PotentiallyCrazy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    So what are the differences between the fitbit one & the zip? (Since it sounds like they track all steps whereas the flex doesn't?)
  • Abby2205
    Abby2205 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    The Flex tracks steps but it doesn't track floors climbed. Here's the comparison:

https://fitbit.com/ca/comparison/trackers