Garmin Vivofit?

Options
Does anyone have a Garmin Vivofit? If so, how do you like it?

Replies

• Torkelle
    Torkelle Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love mine, but as I just posted, I am finding it rather stingy about the burn calories it gives you. The red line is hard to reset by just getting up and walking around for a minute or too as well.
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I had bought a Fitbit, but it wouldn't work. It was obviously a lemon, because no matter how much I walked or worked out, it showed nothing. I contacted their customer service many times and they couldn't get it to work. So, I returned it.

How do you get the Vivofit to reset when you are having problems getting it to do so?
  • Torkelle
    Torkelle Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You have to do some jumping jacks or walk more vigorously for a longer time.
  • njitaliana
    Options
    Okay.
  • mamachug
    mamachug Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love my vivofit!! I've had it since June. I bought it when my force broke because I didn't want to go to the flex. I walked a mile and checked how many steps I took to make my step length accurate and I found that the distance calculated is more accurate then the fitbit was. The calorie burns are very stingy but I don't worry about it too much. I love how I can change the color on the band, and the fact that it is waterproof and how long the battery lasts.
    The red line does stay for a while you have to walk around for about 200 to 300 steps for it go back down.
    The thing that I find annoying is they up your goals everyday (which is great! to a point anyway) I find that if I'm tired and I'm not up to my goal I will try to cheat and get there by swinging my arms when I'm sitting!! :blush: I tell myself ARE YOU STUPID???? hahaha I'm cheating myself ugh!! I don't know.. that goal thing is a competitive maker for me, AGAINST MYSELF!!
  • njitaliana
    Options
    LOL mamachug. Thanks for replying.
  • AllTheNoms
    AllTheNoms Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    In to hear the answer. I have a Garmin GPS watch and HRM so the next logical step is to go with the vivofit to monitor daily activity (instead of another brand) since it with sync with the other devices.

I haven't heard as much buzz about this one so am interested to hopefully see more responses to this thread.
  • IKnowStuff2
    IKnowStuff2 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have vivofit I got the one with the HRM included I like it a lot I tried a flex but I didn't like just seeing little lights. Vivofit also has a watch (no backlight) i think it's working well I compare things to the iTreadmill app when I use it for walking and they are usually within 100 steps of each other I also mapped the distance with map my walk and it definitely matched my vivo fit, so I am happy with it. Having the HRM does make a difference in the calories used. I look at these trackers this way, they track activity, not just steps even though they don't display the specific activity but general activity. People complain about step counts, but I have concluded for myself it's activity count so if it says you walked a certain amount of steps and you know you didn't it's just keeping track of other activity also. I hope this was helpful.